Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:14:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Issues with Black Tree Design - ongoing  (Read 40979 times)

Offline Ironhead

• Bookworm
Re: Issue with Black Tree Design !?
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2019, 04:14:14 PM »
Well, I was hoping to not ever have to come back here, but it seems my luck ran out:-(

I've been openly supporting them via this thread for a while now as I've had fairly good/consistent results where others have not.  Seems I've paid for my positive ideology:-(

After successive orders, I placed one 3 months ago.  Still nothing.  I've emailed numerous times in the last few weeks.  Still nothing.

I know he doesn't visit or read this, but I guess I need to vent somewhere.

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2019, 06:44:24 PM »
Similar boat here. I've even had their Kickstarter deliver to me but an order I placed quite some weeks ago is nowhere to be seen. First issue I've had really. Might be PayPal dispute time sadly.

Offline Ironhead

• Bookworm
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2019, 11:38:13 AM »
After another round of emails (and oddly, my posted comment here last week), the communication has proven fruitful.  My order has been shipped.  For the first time, I'm actively holding off ordering anything anymore as I'm just not comfortable with the (non?)delivery times.  Shame, as I have more I want:-(

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2019, 12:31:08 PM »
I may try emailing John Olsen again, but so far, all that has got me are some placatory words and no action.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
Blacktree Design...
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2019, 01:05:36 PM »
Never dealt with 'em till recently, has this company got previous for ropey customer service?
They took a payment from me on 11th of this month for a couple of Doctor Who Figures, since then nothing with two e-mails requesting a delivery date, cocked a complete deaf 'un.
I'm a tad underwhelmed with these clowns.

>:(
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline tuco74

• Librarian
Re: Blacktree Design...
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2019, 01:16:44 PM »
I've always had reasonably swift service from them...but lots of people have the experience you've described. By all accounts, you will get your minis but you may have to wait and communication can be patchy.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2019, 01:40:04 PM »
They've got form mate:
https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=112741.msg1410318#msg1410318

It's been going on for years, I'm not exaggerating. I remember reading stuff like this 15+ years ago on TMP. Which led to the hilarious charade of the 'Sock Puppet' incident. People like yourself were rightfully complaining, Harry, and then 'persons unknown' were coming on saying 'Why don't you just give them a call instead of whining here', 'I've had great service, stop bitching, bitch' etc.

Then brilliantly Bill exposed the fact that everyone slagging off 'the whiners' were all from the same IP address, the same one as Black Trees!! lol lol lol

They came clean, apologised, and were never seen on the TMP again.

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2019, 01:55:35 PM »
>:( Oh, flippin' marvelous!!!  >:(

I ordered the Doctor and Susan for our 'Ructions at Bell-End' game next week. But as all great tacticians know you always gotta have a Plan E...
Monday I ordered the Doctor and Sarah Jane from fleabay, so all's well. Actually better, as the Brigadier, U.N.I.T. and alien invasions of Earth, are bang in the third Doctor's era.

;)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2019, 02:30:03 PM »
They are unreliable (to the extreme) but not dishonest.  Every order I have made with them, over many years, has come through eventually.

If you want stuff from them plan ahead and order a long way in advance.   A bit like we all had to back in the pre-internet days  ;)

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2019, 02:59:20 PM »
No good mate, I needed the figure for the ‘Ructions at Bell-End’ game we’re playing this time next week…

So it’s…

Option A… Postpone the ‘Ructions at Bell-End’ game till Crimbo 2020

Option F… Fook Blacktree and tell ’em to shove their toys where the sun don’t shine

I’ve gone with F and ordered the figures from fleabay.

>:(

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2019, 05:48:59 PM »
They've got a Black Friday sale going on atm but to be honest I'm a bit ( much ) reluctant to order from them atm. Never had issues with them before ( The last time we ordered from them is about 2-2.5 years ago ) but as for now it might be better to order through stockist or buy at conventions...
A pity though, since they've got many noce figs. Perhaps it would be better if they'd sold off some ranges/excess models to people that can deliver and focus on a few core ranges...
Leadhead

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2019, 07:09:50 PM »
Don't do it. I have now been waiting almost a year for them to fix up an order from Dec 2018. They sent a stuffed up order 6+ months after I paid, and after multiple emails. Then I got an apology and was told it would be rectified and a few extras thrown in.. that was 5 months ago. Needless to say - nothing.

Their business practices aren't. Business practices. In fact, there's a term in common usage for someone who takes money and fails to deliver.

I will never order from them again, which is a shame, as they make some nice figures, and I would especially like another BTD motorcycle combo to add to the two I picked up second hand.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2019, 07:11:55 PM »
and if you want the summary of my experience.. 

https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/2019/03/black-tree-design-order.html

Offline steders

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2019, 07:14:19 PM »
Total nightmare to deal with. Fairly sure the casting is done stateside (I stand to be corrected though)
Last time I dealt with them I had good com's from a chap in the states and fook all from the chap in the UK
Stuff did turn up. Took about 3-4 months

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2019, 09:03:39 PM »
They've got form mate:
https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=112741.msg1410318#msg1410318

It's been going on for years, I'm not exaggerating. I remember reading stuff like this 15+ years ago on TMP. Which led to the hilarious charade of the 'Sock Puppet' incident. People like yourself were rightfully complaining, Harry, and then 'persons unknown' were coming on saying 'Why don't you just give them a call instead of whining here', 'I've had great service, stop bitching, bitch' etc.

Then brilliantly Bill exposed the fact that everyone slagging off 'the whiners' were all from the same IP address, the same one as Black Trees!! lol lol lol

They came clean, apologised, and were never seen on the TMP again.

What Nick said and for well over a decade!! Maybe 15 years?