Forum > The Conflicts that came in from the Cold

Looking for an unusual Viet Nam mini in 28mm...

(1/3) > >>

6milPhil:
The man Slug has seen this picture and has tasked me with seeing if I can find a mini which mimics it. Any ideas?

I'm thinking it would likely have to be a hack of a VN mini and some archer, any suggestions for arms holding a modern bow such as that?

Poiter50:
What about a Warlord USMC fig with arms from an archer of Ancients or Medievals?

carlos marighela:
Have a look at the old Wargames Factory survivots (IIRC Voldemort Games now own them) They have a bow arm and associated figures which would probably be the easy place to start, plastic being an easier hack than metal. BTW the old WF American heads match the survivors if you need a tin hat.

Ultravanillasmurf:
I do not have a Survivors sprue photograph.

You could use a Frostgrave Barbarian's arms.

I do not appear to have a sprue photograph of that either.

Arlequín:
No help with the problem, but some background for you;

Binh Thuy, South Vietnam – Lieutenant Commander Donald D. Sheppard, USN, of Coronado, California, aims a flaming arrow at a bamboo hut concealing a fortified Viet Cong bunker on the banks of the Bassac River, Vietnam on December 8, 1967. Lieutenant Commander Sheppard has found that the arrows shot from river patrol boats are the most effective means of eliminating such huts. (AP Photo).

But according to a guy called Thomas P. Stiller;

“The history surrounding Don Sheppard is incorrect. Don was actually the Commander of RIVRON 5, Section 51, part of Task Force 116.1, the most decorated unit in Viet Nam. Don did not usually participate in patrols. Every time he was on my boat PBR-39 was for a photo op. One time he was on the cover of the Navy Times with a flaming arrow starting hutches on fire with this primitive device…bull…the guy not in the picture was behind me using a flame thrower, starting the fires. This is one of several instances for photo ops, the rest I will not indicate.”

https://www.3riversarchery.com/blog/archery-in-vietnam/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version