Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:57:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Turan I (15mm)  (Read 810 times)

Offline Fitz

• Mad Scientist
    • The Website of Fitz
Turan I (15mm)
« on: October 22, 2018, 12:08:12 AM »

This is a Hungarian Turan I of WWII in 1:100 scale, from a model by m_bergman. I've added some track pins to give the tracks a bit more visual interest, but otherwise the model is unchanged from his original design. The figure is a 15mm German from Battlefront.

I've also done and printed a version with some rivet detail as well. Whether it's a worth-while addition I'll find out when I get it painted, but I do like a good rivet on my tank. One thing I can be sure of is that they will make painting the turret markings more difficult. Ah, the sacrifices one must make for one's art.

Offline Fitz

• Mad Scientist
    • The Website of Fitz
Re: Turan I (15mm)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 07:35:12 AM »

This is the version of the Turan I based on the same model as that in the previous post, but with rivets added.

They are monstrously out of scale of course, but nevertheless I do prefer it with rather than without. The rivets on the original vehicle were a fairly prominent feature.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 07:49:37 AM »
Nice painting and model.

Not really knowing the prototype, the one without looks better (saying that a 38(t) without rivets would look odd so I suspect perception is the key).

I love the casual way you mention adding track pins and then rivets. Print me impressed.

Offline Fitz

• Mad Scientist
    • The Website of Fitz
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 07:59:27 AM »

Here's the original (photo via Wikipedia)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 08:20:04 AM »
Thanks Fitz.

I had seen the article (my brain had originally suggested a VAG people mover!).

I"know" the 38(t) is covered in rivets and their absence would look odd, I can see but do not "know" the Turan is also covered in them.

As I mentioned above, perception is key.