Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:08:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689661
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Ultracombat kickstarter by Radio DishDash  (Read 9173 times)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Ultracombat kickstarter by Radio DishDash
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 01:37:39 PM »
Yeah, to be honest considering that second tier troops / reservists could be equipped and organised a decade behind those of regular armies, its probably a non-issue. As would most of my opponents be unaware that the Russians are now wearing Ratnik instead of old Soviet stuff, or what a Bumerang is anyway. This setting's for a what if future war scenario regardless. :P

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 03:38:55 PM »
The PDF is very useful to see how the rules work. I have enjoyed it a lot, and I am now thinking about to read more of the modern Russian army topic...

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 09:57:26 PM »
Agreed, I am actually looking forward to trying out the Dice 20 style.
As for Russian military info, aside from Wikipedia.
Check out the Osprey's by Aruther Mark Galeotti "The Modern Russian Army 1992-2016" and "Russian securty and paramilitary  forces since 1991".
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2018, 11:17:29 PM »
Yeah, to be honest considering that second tier troops / reservists could be equipped and organised a decade behind those of regular armies, its probably a non-issue. As would most of my opponents be unaware that the Russians are now wearing Ratnik instead of old Soviet stuff, or what a Bumerang is anyway. This setting's for a what if future war scenario regardless. :P
Exactly, or you can use them to represent forces from one of the many break away republics such as Transnistria.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2018, 10:36:52 PM »
They are now offering the rules on its own. For those who have no interest in the models, or 28mm.

Link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ultracombat/ultracombat-28mm-modern-miniatures-and-skirmish-ru

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 04:52:39 AM by commissarmoody »

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2018, 11:19:42 AM »
The Russians have become Neo-Soviets according to that article. Oops. :)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2018, 03:24:58 PM »
The Russians have become Neo-Soviets according to that article. Oops. :)
Oops, cats out of the bag.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2018, 07:52:55 PM »
Very useful!

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2018, 08:53:08 PM »
I suppose its now down to we Backers to actually decide on what these teams will be armed with. I of course couldn't give two ...sticks... about the Americans, but more Russian stuff is always appreciated. SASM are currently making their own Russian weapons teams, including a Kord, so whilst the more the merrier as far as options go, maybe we aught to think of some other things which haven't been represented yet in terms of options.

...Not that I can think of much off the top of my head. Though saying that, nobody's doing any drone jammers yet (I've been meaning to put an Empress Russian aside for a while now for one...).

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2018, 09:22:57 PM »
They did say some thing about a Kord or NSV Utyos and Kornet for the first Russian set of weapons.
If we change up from that set up, maybe a 82mm motar and say a AGS-30 or  AGS-40 for some indirect support?
I dont see a problem with haveing a few more redundent figs out there with the same stuff. Just would like to see every thing else covered as well.

For the U.S. its going to get tricky. The M2 is useally not used in a dismounted role any more, so would a tripod 240B work? And for i guess a Javalin, or M3 MAAWS?

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2018, 09:34:19 PM »
If its a pair of two man weapons teams I'd imagine we'll see a machine gun and a anti-tank weapon.

For the Russians I'd rather see an Kord than an NSV if they're going for cutting edge gear. With Empress already doing a Metis-M, but the crew are a bit dated for modern games (fine as irregular forces of course), an ATGM could be useful as well.

Rather the better option may be to make weapons which aren't already out there, and then pair their modern crews with the older weapons which other companies are offering (i.e. Empress/Eureka/Spectre/Tiny Terrain Models) - instead of duplicating what's already there for the sake of new tools.

Yes though, mortars aren't as common a weapon to see in this scale for moderns. Nor are longer ranged weapons in general. I've had to buy a WWII artillery piece because larger guns just don't exist in this scale for the Nations I'm representing. :/

Again I can't speak for the Americans. Though they tend to be a bit better from what I've seen as far as shoulder fired launchers go. But US players will have to look at Empress/ Eureka/ Spectre - and whatever other companies covering Americans right now have already done and try and come up with something which isn't currently available for the most bang for your buck (I'd rather have a gun that I can't currently buy, instead of just a better detailed model - we've put up what we already have for years. They'd be nice to have, though not being able to field something else at all is probably more of an issue).

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2018, 02:36:33 AM »
3rd streach goal met! So more options for the fire teams.
This update goes into the amount of cards you will bring getting, and what will be represented on said cards.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ultracombat/ultracombat-28mm-modern-miniatures-and-skirmish-ru

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2018, 05:28:30 PM »
Interested in the rules, not so much the figures. The CAD designed stuff is very hit or miss for me and in this case a miss. Hopefully they will come up with printed versions of the cards available without the figs...