Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:44:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Minairons to resume SCW figures creation  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Lluís of Minairons

• Scientist
    • Minairons miniatures
Minairons to resume SCW figures creation
« on: October 25, 2018, 05:29:29 PM »
As some were perhaps already aware, our 20mm SCW figures range experienced a sudden halt some months ago, due to health problems of its sculptor Juan Bautista --wo is also owner of Xan Miniatures and co-owner of Steel72 models, BTW.

Despite the serious issue this could mean, I liked better to wait until he could get back to normal activity, rather than pushing forward the range using a different sculptor. However, shortly ago Xan retook activity, to happiness of many --not solely that of mine, I dare to venture.

He has consequently started to release new miniatures under his own brand, and has restarted SCW work too. So he has finished the commissioned set of Italian crewmen for our 1/72 scale L3/33 Carro Veloce tankette that you can see below:

Also, work has started on a new set that had been waiting for too long now: the 1/72 scale version of the Republican bike riders available in 15mm from long ago. Here below you can see Xan's work on one of the two dispatch riders that will compose the set:

Thanks for reading,
Lluís
www.minairons.eu
minairons-news.blogspot.com
facebook.com/MinaironsMiniatures
"Nations that went down fighting rose again, but those who surrendered tamely were finished" - W. Churchill

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Minairons to resume SCW figures creation
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 07:18:05 PM »
Lovely work on the miniatures.
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Hang Tuah

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 09:25:15 AM »
Very good news, this! Hopefully Assaltos are in the pipeline?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 03:09:58 PM by Hang Tuah »

Offline Lluís of Minairons

• Scientist
    • Minairons miniatures
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 09:48:14 PM »
Very good news, this! Hopefully Assaltos are in the pipeline?

They are, indeed  :)

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 09:43:47 PM »
The vintage look of this moto plus rider is very nice and ueful also for other periods..
Me too interested in Asaltos above all if in their elegant blue dress uniform not only in overalls.  A nice addition could be also to make for them this big wheeled car/truck used in the first days and before the war..