Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:48:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686462
  • Total Topics: 118101
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: First Small Game of Pulp Alley  (Read 3162 times)

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
First Small Game of Pulp Alley
« on: October 28, 2018, 09:01:52 PM »
Finally got my first game of Pulp Alley in. My wife and I played on a smaller table and just used three miniatures each. We had two leaders and one sidekick on each side. We played The Trail of Clues scenario. Pulp Girl, Dr. Fang, and Bosun were able to determine where the major plot point was first, but unfortunately Phantom Ace, Ramjeet, and Golgo Satana were able to race to it and get the information needed.

It was a really fun learning game. I can't wait to play again. I hope I can convince her to play another game. If not, well my solo deck is on its way and I can then play anytime I want. I only took a couple pictures. We were kind of pressed for time. I really enjoyed it though.

https://imgur.com/a/hpK8DQr

Offline ragsthetiger

• Scientist
  • Phantom Agent
    • rags' gallery
Re: First Small Game of Pulp Alley
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 02:22:05 PM »
Welcome aboard, and enjoy your cruise to exotic locations and thrilling adventures.  At least you got your wife to try it -- mine enjoys looking at the minis and terrain, but won't try it out.  "Too complicated-looking," she says, Monopoly being more her style. 
The Solo deck is a great addition to the game, and will allow you to do all the campaigns...I'm working my way through Tomb of the Serpent now, which has several scenarios written especially for solo play.  Also, all the Scenarios of the Month include solo play directions, so be sure to check those out as well.
rags

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 09:07:39 PM »
Cool photos. THANKS for posting.

I have found that ladies tend to enjoy Pulp Alley much more than most miniatures games I've shown them. I think it may be because the game isn't just focused on fighting. And you can do co-op scenarios as well.  ;)

Offline Andy in Germany

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 09:22:13 AM »
Cool photos. THANKS for posting.

I have found that ladies tend to enjoy Pulp Alley much more than most miniatures games I've shown them. I think it may be because the game isn't just focused on fighting. And you can do co-op scenarios as well.  ;)

This is all very encouraging as I'm hoping to get Beautiful Wife interested at some point. The only slight problem is that she's very good as strategy so she'll probably beat me every time...

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 10:45:48 AM »
This is all very encouraging as I'm hoping to get Beautiful Wife interested at some point. The only slight problem is that she's very good as strategy so she'll probably beat me every time...

My wife beat me! LOL I did however take out Phantom Ace.

Offline Alcide Nikopol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 12:55:13 AM »
Welcome to Pulp Alley. It is a wonderful rules set.
A.Nik-

Offline Panama

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 06:17:53 AM »
Your a lucky man that could get your wife to play, mine has no interest what so ever :(
Welcome to the wonderful world of Pulp & as Dave likes to say have fun :)