Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:15:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689605
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Contacting Redoubt  (Read 10855 times)

Offline ffrum

• Librarian
Re: Contacting Redoubt
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2018, 03:26:32 AM »
AW Miniatures arrived on Dec. 20th.  They are already primed and base flesh areas painted.

No word from Redoubt.

Best to you all for the Holidays!

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2018, 10:23:05 AM »
I hate to think what all these negative comments are doing to Redoubt's business.

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2018, 12:28:34 PM »
Quick update, I text the owner just over a week ago. I didnt have a go at him, just asked for an update. He told me he would post them out this week.

They have arrived this morning with a nice note of apology and an extra figure so I am happy enough..
+
My blog gapagnw.blogspot.co.uk

Offline wardyla

• Student
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2018, 01:51:32 PM »
Hi all

Just my 2 cents but I placed an order back in March but not heard anything since but hey, it is what it is.

It won't stop me ordering again in the future as Andy has a good rep.

Obviously not expecting anything to happen before Christmas though lol :)

M

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2018, 02:08:51 PM »
blimey, that deserves some sort of award in terms of good-spirited patience  :o

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2018, 02:32:29 PM »
Sounds like you should do what rogerc did - get the owner's phone no. from Redoubt's website and then text him.

Offline wardyla

• Student
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2018, 02:39:55 PM »
Thanks Paul will do.
M

Offline Lord Raglan

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Abergavenny
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2018, 03:07:25 PM »
Given all the concerns with this retailer, I would strongly suggest you raise a dispute through PayPal. People can usually live with order delays, but there is little excuse for radio silence from a retailer, especially if they have already taken your money.

Offline nonsuch

• Bookworm
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2018, 07:52:04 PM »
Agreed Lord Raglan, and that is what i did and got a full refund.

Offline Painter Jim

• Scientist
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2018, 02:21:10 AM »
MARCH!!!! :o

Offline El Grego

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
    • The Pewter-Pixel Wars
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2018, 02:50:51 PM »
Well now, after 11 weeks of silence, I received an e-mail a few days ago from Andrew apologizing for the extreme delay and stating that my order was shipping that day.  Mood has gone from 'Pessimistic' to 'Cautiously Optimistic'    :)      and hopefully I will be all    :D   in two weeks or so when the package makes its way across the pond...

Offline Go player1

• Bookworm
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2018, 07:06:15 PM »
Glad to hear someone received a refund via PayPal.  PayPal declined my request for a refund and I was compensated by my credit card (linked to PayPal).  Be aware however that credit cards have time limits past which you cannot make a claim.

Offline ffrum

• Librarian
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2018, 03:50:12 AM »
Glad some of you have heard from Redoubt. 
It is Dec. 30, 2018.  I made an order on Nov. 13th for some Redoubt merchandise.  I have only received an email stating: “Your order has been received and is now being processed.”  and a notification from PayPal the payment had been processed. 
This is certainly getting to be a long wait with no word.

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2018, 02:51:22 PM »
Hrum my advice would be to take the mobile from his web page and drop him a quick text. He responded to mine in minutes and had delivered everything within a week.

Offline Gribb

• Librarian
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2019, 08:05:39 PM »
I've also had trouble getting in contact with them before. I made an enquiry about their march or die range as it was taken down a while ago. Never received an answer though it appears to be back when I visited the site again. It seems like they have gone through some change in ownership.

From their site:
"*** I apologise for the delay in order processing at this time due to the reorganisation of the business. I am working hard to correct this, rest assured your orders will be processed as soon as possible. As a consequence I may not be responding to all emails at this time. ***"

Hope it works out for you guys. While I understand companies can at times be overwhelmed with orders, it is of outmost importance to make sure customers get a refund with an explanation. As long as you keep taking orders and receive peoples money at least refund if you can't make it.
Renegade suffered the same problem, but it did take a while before they closed up for orders. And they suffered blows to their reputation. If you can't make the order, stop taking them(and peoples money) until you can. Or the short term profit turn into long term misery due to the reputation being tarnished.

And it is very important to not let it go on for too long before opening a case. I' say if no words are heard within two months open a case or gamble on the possibility that they will eventually arrive. As mentioned by another post, there is a limit to the time you can open a case. 90 days I believe. I had a ebay seller once trying to drag the time out, promising a refund, and I remember it got close to the last weeks to complain.
So I did and received a refund the very same day.