Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:46:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Contacting Redoubt  (Read 10848 times)

Offline nonsuch

• Bookworm
Re: Contacting Redoubt
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2018, 01:33:21 PM »
For your information i have not recieved my order i made 4th November, and also i opened paypal case against grubby tanks a week ago  to get my money back. Looks like it will take a while as he has not even responded to paypal either. Hope he has to sell redoubt range to someone more honest and trustworthy soon, i really want some of redoubts ECW cavalry!

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 05:30:15 PM »
I get the impression that he is just a bit out of his depth rather than untrustworthy in any way. I will leave it a week or two before trying the text approach to see if my figures are on the way. Do though let us know how you get on.
+
My blog gapagnw.blogspot.co.uk

Offline nonsuch

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 12:25:23 PM »
out of his depth, thats no excuse , he is happily taking peoples money for orders on the Redoubt range.  If that wasnt bad enough he is not even bothering his ass to reply to customers emails and concerns!!!

Offline Captain Reid

• Bookworm
    • Cerro Manteca, 1811
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2018, 04:47:53 PM »

I don't believe that he's dishonest at all.

However I completely agree that taking someone's money and then not delivering the goods in a timely manner demands, at the very least, some kind of explanation from the actual vendor rather than customers and/or mates saying 'oh but he's a good guy, just busy'.

It's simply not acceptable in the internet age to be selling online and not using email to keep your customers updated at reasonable intervals if there is a production delay. If casting is currently impossible, the range should be shown as temporarily out of stock or unavailable until Grubby Tanks is in a position to actually do business in a timely and efficient manner.

It's really unfortunate when this sort of thing happens because I don't think anyone wants a one man band running figure casting as a sideline to gain any kind of notoriety simply because they can't cope with demand. But they have to find a way to manage that demand.

The previous owners of Redoubt were pretty sluggish and dreadful at communicating. I stopped ordering from them for that reason and, unfortunately, see no reason to start again now under the new ownership.
The Saindoux Campaign of 1757, my French and Indian War blog
Cerro Manteca, 1811, my Peninsular War blog
my Congo blog

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2018, 07:48:48 PM »
Guys not offerign an excuse, never met the fella, just suggesting that its unlikely to be dis-honest.Hope it gets sorted.

Offline AdamPHayes

• Mad Scientist
    • Wargame Warrior
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2018, 09:40:13 AM »
My Redoubt bits did finally arrive, as well as an apology for the wait. Hopefully Andy is getting things under control and service will progressively improve. Emailing customers, even with bad news, is an essential part of running a web based business these days though....

Offline nonsuch

• Bookworm
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2018, 01:33:00 PM »
I understand what people are saying, that he maybe over his head, but he should reply to conerns of customers, the silence only raises concerns, all he had to do was take a few moments out and respond to emails,  give a brief explanation of the situation and i would have been happy, but instead i have had to open a paypal case to have my money refunded. I have ordered from warfare minis and emil horkey in last few months and both orders were late, but i was not worried because they emailed me shortly after i made my orders to tell me they would be late due to their current circumstances.
   I would so much prefer those ECW minis to arrive rather than have to take out  a paypal case, i really hope he can get on top of this, i would love to make more orders, but for now he has not done much for consumer confidence!

Offline El Grego

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
    • The Pewter-Pixel Wars
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2018, 07:52:30 PM »
I'm glad to see that your order arrived, Adam.  I am trying to be patient but nearing the 8-week mark since placing the order and nothing...    :-[

Offline Rumpel

• Student
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2018, 04:56:35 PM »
My order was at July, 29th. I send many mails and get no answer. This is not OK.

Offline nonsuch

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2018, 10:12:47 PM »
Rumpel, open aa case to get your money back, i did, and got refunded!

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2018, 10:06:01 AM »
Vodkafan mentioned a mobile on the web page where yu can text Him, I cant find one anyone seen it?

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2018, 07:40:03 AM »
Vodkafan mentioned a mobile on the web page where yu can text Him, I cant find one anyone seen it?

It’s on both the Terms and the Privacy Policy pages of the Redoubt site.
Ian
Fighting 15s
Gladiator Miniatures, Fighting 15s Flags, Martian Empires and Flashing Blade Miniatures
https://www.fighting15s.com

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2018, 03:04:39 PM »
got it cheers

Offline ffrum

• Librarian
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2018, 04:53:23 PM »
AdamPHayes and Rogerc, I am pleased you Redoubt orders arrived.  El Greco, I hope yours arrives soon (as well as mine).

It is Dec. 18, 2018.  I made an order on Nov. 13th for some long-coveted Redoubt merchandise.  I received an email stating: “Your order has been received and is now being processed.”  Also received a notification from PayPal the payment had been processed.  No shipment notification yet.  Granted, in the order was their ironclad (casting) which might need to be produced before it is shipped, if not in stock.  But this is getting to be a long wait, compared to other wargame merchants in the U.K. and other countries with no word from them.

I am waiting every day for the solemn steps of the mailman (postman) bringing me a package from Redoubt (to the U.S.).

I am also fortunate enough to be waiting for that same mailman to bring me an order from AW Miniatures made on November 20th.  I was notified it was shipped to me November 26th according to a message from AW Miniatures.   No other news yet. 

Happy shipments, returns and figures to you all in this Holiday Season!

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2018, 11:24:26 PM »
I dont have the figures yet, my comment above was to say I had the mobile number! That said the owner has replied to me and told me my stuff will be shipped this week so lets see, happy to share with you guys how I get on.