Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:43:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686583
  • Total Topics: 118108
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Burrows and Badgers: Beasts of Northymbra Kickstarter  (Read 4387 times)

Offline Lovejoy

• Mad Scientist
    • Oathsworn Miniatures
Re: Burrows and Badgers: Beasts of Northymbra Kickstarter
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 10:08:03 AM »
Didn’t pledge on this.

After waiting since 1 October for my first Oathsworn minis, and a basic “there’s nothing we can do” email, I don’t think I’m too happy with Oathsworn.  :?

Actually, having checked Jo's response to you, you haven't been told 'there's nothing we can do', you've been asked to be patient. We ALWAYS replace anything lost at our own cost. But you're in Canada; and as we explained, Canada Post is experiencing all sorts of issues at the moment due to their Customs set-up, with delivery times of up to 4 months. We apologised that you were having to wait, but asked you to keep us informed. This is not a problem unique to us, and it's been going on a while - to the extent that on our last Kickstarter we shipped all Canadian pledges first, due to Canada Post's issues.

I'm sorry you're unhappy with our email to you; you could always have responded to that email, of course. But if you'd rather discuss it here instead, that's entirely up to you.

If you'd prefer to have a refund than wait, let me know. Then you can simply post the miniatures back to us when they arrive.

Regards,
Michael

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 03:22:41 PM »
The thing is, I actually want the minis. I bought the book, and I haven’t had an order take this long from the UK, ever.

Canada Post is doing rotating strikes which have had minimal impact on deliveries. They add a day or two to deliveries.

I just want my minis. Saying you’ll refund me and then I can ship my minis back is silly. It would cost me almost as much as they’re worth in postage.

And the quoted line from Jo is “ sorry I can’t be of more help at the moment” which is as good as good as saying, there’s nothing else I can do.

I would have gone in on your KS but for this.

I remain disappointed in Canada, the land of postal abandon apparently.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:55:23 PM by grant »
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Tadgie

• Bookworm
  • Too many projects. Too little time.
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 04:37:00 PM »
Erm if I may ask what else are you expecting Oathsworn to do for you? They have offered to replace the minis at their own cost or a refund if you prefer?

Personally i have never had a problem with Oathsworn and have found them very nice to deal with.

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 04:50:46 PM »

Is this perhaps relevant?

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=113173.0

Seems to mention there's evidently quite a delay.

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2018, 05:25:32 PM »
Is this perhaps relevant?

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=113173.0

Seems to mention there's evidently quite a delay.

Thanks, that does help.

Also, by making an ass of myself publicly, I generally guarantee that the minis will appear like today or Tuesday. Because that’s how my shitty life usually works...

Offline Lovejoy

• Mad Scientist
    • Oathsworn Miniatures
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2018, 05:56:42 PM »
Fingers crossed they turn up soon - normally, we'd have sent replacements by now, to anywhere but Canada... the longest we've had to Canada is 16 weeks, and we'd sent replacements twice for that one, with all three sets eventually getting delivered.
It appears to be a Customs issue; we've had some go straight through and be delivered in 5 days, while others just seem to sit in a warehouse somewhere for weeks.

But as we said, if it goes on much longer, we can either replace or refund. But hopefully, they'll be with you soon!

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2018, 07:57:27 PM »
The funny thing is that there are no customs even chargeable on “hobby models”, they’re duty-free, in any amount, regardless of country of manufacture when imported to Canada.

Probably show up next week; if not I’ll be in touch.

Thanks for the reply.