Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:37:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689795
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: What happened to Battlefront's gaming mat?  (Read 1056 times)

Offline anch_io

• Bookworm
What happened to Battlefront's gaming mat?
« on: November 03, 2018, 11:55:26 PM »
I am sorry if this question is in the wrong section, but as their main game is about WW2, I thought it is best for me to ask here. Can anyone tell me what happened with their double-sided mat (you know, the one that they...ahm...f***ed up at first)? Is the "second edition" out? Has anyone seen it? Does it look at least "decent"?

I ask this as I am stationed nowhere near a gaming store (and the nearest gaming store that held their range stopped doing it a couple of years ago), I have seen absolutely zero reviews on the internet and they have killed their own forum.  ::)

Does it even exist?  :D

And I am asking all this because when they announced it first, I was interested in buying it. Luckily, at that moment I did not had the money, and as the things turned out, it seems that it was a good thing. Still, I have several gaming mats, but most of them are suited for 28mm and not 15mm, and I would like to buy myself one more appropriate (I see now they have on pre-order a new version, more suited for Eastern front).

If that mat is complete rubbish, can someone point me to other manufacturers that have mats suited for 15mm WW2? I know a few, but I would prefer a "mousepad material" mat, and except this one, all that I've found are either cloth or PVC.

Offline NTM

• Scientist
Re: What happened to Battlefront's gaming mat?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 07:16:43 PM »
Yes the replacement ones are out my FLGS has had them in stock for some time. They look good but not look closely at them so can't really vouch for the quality.

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 11:58:34 AM »
Deepcut studios do all their mats in a choice of PVC, cotton or mousepad.
They've got a big range of mats

Offline braxenk

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 12:45:55 AM »
I have seen extremely bad reviews of this mat. Can't remember if smell was involved but folds were definitely a let down.

They are apparently release a new reversible one for Stalingrad/steppes that look quite nice and that is hopefully from a different supplier.

It's supposed to be released within November 2018, so you can wait a bit and treat yourself to a Christmas present if the reviews are good.

Offline NTM

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 07:02:08 AM »
Those reviews are of the first version I believe. Gods definitely as revised one is supplied rolled.