Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:59:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686596
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: TMWWBK rules  (Read 3068 times)

Offline LCpl McDoom

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
TMWWBK rules
« on: November 08, 2018, 12:17:20 AM »
Good evening everyone,

I just wanted to check/ask whether anyone is permitted to produce some game-playing aids (in this instance, a QRS) for free circulation for the TMWWBK rules - or - whether this is considered 'bad form' and a violation of Mr Mersey's intellectual property.

I know he has frequented these hallowed pages before, so thought it might be prudent to raise the subject here.

It's someone else's work, that I can update & fix, but I thought it best to check first if this was welcome. I also thought this was the best place on t'internet to ask too.

Comments/thoughts very much welcome.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: TMWWBK rules
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 03:30:24 PM »
I would welcome it.
If any-one is thinking of doing similar for World Aflame (another Osprey without QRS)
I would like that too.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 05:40:59 PM »
I’d say go for it. At this time after release I don’t think you are going to compromise sales in any way.

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 06:41:51 PM »
Daniel Mersey has his own forums. Somebody may already have made a Quick Reference

You could ask on there.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/duxrampant/index.php?sid=b7c8469984a2b18f62b5af360c06e5de

Offline LCpl McDoom

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 10:20:58 PM »
Thanks folks for the comments. And many thanks Mick - I visited and found Roly had put this up there, in his original version, before. It's that same item I've offered to help him update, with his blessing.

So I'll proceed as planned  :)

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:02:40 PM by LCpl McDoom »

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 06:01:23 AM »
Well, if you can 'fix it' so it works with 2d6 instead of a 'fistful', I'll be first in line.  Generally, very good rules from reading - but I HATE fists full of dice - so have yet to play them.  Just sayin'. 

Offline Lord Raglan

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Abergavenny
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 07:46:37 AM »
I have some game resources saved electronically, if you drop me a PM with your email

Offline LCpl McDoom

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 01:19:35 PM »
@Thanks Lord Raglan, PM sent.

@FifteensAway - hmmm, not sure, I don't mind the 'bucket-o'dice' style myself. Doubt 2d6 would work as you have a Task Number to score or more, where chances to achieve that and the measure of any success achieved both rest upon the number of figures participating - hence the multiple D6s involved.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 05:38:37 PM »
I had a brief think about the 2d6 translation- and while it seems possible to create a lookup table to get the results based on the target number and the number of troops. It all seems more complex than throwing a dozen dice and looking for 4+ or 5+ results as required. The numbers of dice are relatively low - it’s certianly not the 20+ that can easily be seen in KoW.

Offline LCpl McDoom

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 08:23:59 PM »
Agreed Fred, I did have a muse on this while I was browsing my old game designs ideas. There's no easy fix that doesn't add extra steps/phases to process the result as simply as throwing a Dx per participating figure.

Most of my games are Regular/Irregular at the moment, so that's 12d6 maximum? And even when I do get to fielding Tribal units in games, it will go up to 16d6. It doesn't stay long at that level either, once the lead starts flying!

Offline Smith

• Mad Scientist
    • Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 12:12:26 PM »
Good evening everyone,

I just wanted to check/ask whether anyone is permitted to produce some game-playing aids (in this instance, a QRS) for free circulation for the TMWWBK rules - or - whether this is considered 'bad form' and a violation of Mr Mersey's intellectual property.

I know he has frequented these hallowed pages before, so thought it might be prudent to raise the subject here.

It's someone else's work, that I can update & fix, but I thought it best to check first if this was welcome. I also thought this was the best place on t'internet to ask too.

Comments/thoughts very much welcome.

Absolutely fine - we've got one that might be a good starting point: https://ospreypublishing.com/gaming-resources-OWG#owg16

Not sure we can help with making it 2D6, though...

Phil Smith
Head of Osprey Games

Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff

OWG Resources HERE!

Offline LCpl McDoom

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 11:00:43 PM »
Many thanks Smith  :)

Not my original work or concept, but something I have tidied up. Printed on A3 and stuck up on the gaming wall, it was quite handy.