Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:45:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690694
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 1009
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: "Shield" your eyes from something "Punny"  (Read 777 times)

Offline Revfan

• Scientist
"Shield" your eyes from something "Punny"
« on: February 13, 2019, 10:27:10 PM »
I've seen a lot of miniatures with shields with scary stuff on em', but I kind of like whimsical, designs myself.

Back in the day, when I played Basic or Advanced D&D with the neighbor hood gang, I usually played as a fighter/tank kind of character.  One of the other players always called mine the "Pawn"...  First through the door and often, first on the floor!

It was funny to us then, and funny now, so I adopted it on this shield design for some old School D&D I am playing with MY son. (wow, 35 years went by fast!)

If anyone has funny... out of the ordinary, ironic, or pun-ny shield designs, I'd love to see em'

« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 09:22:13 AM by Revfan »

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: "Shield" your eyes from something "Punny"
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 07:42:15 AM »
That actually is pretty funny lol

The results of countless dice throws over the course of my long gaming career have earned me the moniker D1, as I have the uncanny ability to throw (an abundance of) 1's in the most critical of throws. As in; your dice only have one result, no matter how many times you throw them... ::)

As for suggestions, there's always the classic target on a round shield. And a tubby character could have a ham or tankard of ale on there. Then there's the 'Bravely Brave Sir Robin' shield design, with a chicken on it, for those characters that regularly 'fall back to victory', and a 4-leafed clover for those characters that are unreasonably lucky every time.

And I'm sure there's plenty more... :D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!