Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:41:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686502
  • Total Topics: 118105
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A Burrows & Badger project  (Read 4594 times)

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
A Burrows & Badger project
« on: November 08, 2018, 09:53:37 PM »
Ordered the Burrows & Badgers Mice rule book, and a bunch of mouses ten days ago, received this week. I will try to paint one mouse a day, and build some scenery. The idea came after I met a cute little mouse in my house. Sad story here:
https://teardropworlds.wordpress.com/2018/11/08/burrows-badgers-a-mouses-story/

I plan to have a mouse warband, maybe with bigger beasts, royalists, leaded by Robin Mood and his fellow companions. Their operating base den will be a Ruined Farmstead located in the so-called Forest of Cheezwood. The second warband will be nasties Freebeasts, as I will mainly play solo.

The first paintings, two Royalist and a Freebeast:

The Royalist's den will be scratch-built. But I consider buying a "official" set, 'coz gluing the tiny brick is boring and tedious.

Cheers

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: A Burrows & Badger project
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 05:26:29 AM »
Lovely work on those figures, really nice! Look forward to seeing your progress. :)

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 06:29:21 AM »
Nice work, I look forward to seeing the house develop.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Lovejoy

• Mad Scientist
    • Oathsworn Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 10:10:34 AM »
Lovely job, the minis look great! The den's coming along nicely too - I don't envy you all that brick-laying though!  :D

cheers,
Michael

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 11:04:00 AM »
I like the brushwork on the mouses and your den/house will be looking great after all this work.

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 05:44:18 PM »
I HOPE the den will look good. The wall must be build slowly, to allow the glue to set and avoid "accident". Building a real house should be faster.

Painted a Mouse Burglar today. I love the sculpt. Lot of character and details, but easy to paint. By the way, I didn't use the 30mm base, but printed my own at 25mm - to be compatible with 1" dungeon tiles. I will try to print them better next time.

No work tomorrow - it's weekend and Fondue au Le Fromage (Cheese fondue, to stay in a mouse context)

@ Michael Lovejoy: could it be possible to have the Northymbra's map as a jpg or pdf ? To print it on A4 or A3, for campaign purpose. Having a map with small flags pinned, showing the victories of the factions add a lot to the game.

Best regards.

Offline Lovejoy

• Mad Scientist
    • Oathsworn Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 06:02:05 PM »
There's a pretty big version you can download here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vu066kp92mqbc5x/northymbra-map.png

Hopefully that'll do the job, but if you need it bigger, let me know and I'll see what I can find...

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 06:38:04 PM »
There's a pretty big version you can download here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vu066kp92mqbc5x/northymbra-map.png

Hopefully that'll do the job, but if you need it bigger, let me know and I'll see what I can find...

THIS!!!! Thank you  :)

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 06:54:37 PM »
After a cheese week-end, I painted red a Black Rat, and advanced on the Ruined Farmstead.

The farm walls are made, and must be heavily reinforced with white glue, as they are very fragile.
The carpentry work began, and I totally don't know how to make the roof. Just painted cardboard - quick and easy, or full balsa beams like a real roof? I'm sufficient mad to do the latter, but not skilled enough. I hope to not cut my fingers while cutting the beams. Ordered a few minis more, and two houses. Those should be faster to build and paint.

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 05:25:56 PM »
Working on the farm roof. Shingle or thatched? Yes.  ;D
But real thatched. All of you use reasonable methods for thatched roofs, but not having the materials required force me to be a little.... mad. Using sisal rope threads, glued one by one? Not mad like that. Cutting a length of rope, untwist it, putting a blob of glue then....

And painted a DormMouse Archer. I try to paint one mini a day, as I'm impatient to test the rules.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 05:27:57 PM »
goodness me that building's a cracker.

Offline Lovejoy

• Mad Scientist
    • Oathsworn Miniatures
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 06:48:35 PM »
Lovely paintjobs on those critters, and that thatching's amazing!  :-*

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2018, 04:05:55 PM »
I like the idea for the thatching. I may have to give it a try sometime as a change from tiles/slate.
I'm not a mercenary. Killing's more of a hobby for me.

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 05:48:31 PM »
I like the idea for the thatching. I may have to give it a try sometime as a change from tiles/slate.

Only if you are really masochist  lol It's tedious and long to do, and hugely messy. I will post a tutorial on the Workbench section, as soon as I know how to finish the roof.

Slow advance on the roof, the main work should be made tomorrow.

And a new mouse painted, a micy mighty Knight! I don't like painting, but those minis are something different and very refreshing.

Cheers

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
A Burrows & Badger project, first try
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2019, 09:47:29 PM »
Played a game solo one month ago. I love this rule, the stealth/ambush and skill system. RPG like. A bit on the Robin Hood side, according to the background. Only missing a Quick Reference Sheet. Monsieur and Madame Lovejoy, you gave me the flame to paint 28mm again! Thank you.
So, here are my two small warbands (more mini on the painting bench, waiting to be varnished).
I used trait and skills not to have strong warrior, but to add character.

First, the mice. A Loyalist band, called the "League of Cheeserland". They try to have enough cheese to pay a ransom, for the real King.

The Freebeast, self called the "Th*ee C*unts" (the "*" is crypted letters, they like to hide things  ;D). Dishonest, opportunist, only riches, gold, bling, appeal to them. They sometime fight against themselves for more influence and power.

And some picture of the first fight. A mouse take a rat in an ambush, and use a poisoned dagger.

The snipercat hesitate to use her costly Quality Blackpowder, an surrender to a mouse

Cheers