Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:45:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690733
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Which IP would you like to see...  (Read 8874 times)

Offline waitwhat

• Librarian
Re: Which IP would you like to see...
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2018, 05:53:51 PM »
I second the Mass Effect vote, but also, personally I want to see Half-Life 30mm - seven hour war anyone?

Online Ninefingers

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2018, 06:13:17 PM »
The Expanse.
There's scope for all sorts -
28mm skirmishes between Earth and Mars, or Corporate Security and Belters/OPA/Settlers. Fights could be on board ships (zero grav) or on planets/stations.
Space combat between Earth, Mars, and OPA/Free Navy, with the Roci flying about in the middle of it stirring things up.

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2018, 06:23:20 PM »
Bioshock: Infinite
Battle Star Galactica (reboot)

Also (and I know Citadel did. This once upon a time) Lone Wolf

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2018, 06:36:41 PM »
There's a number on this list for which quite a few not-figures are already floating about...  ;)

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline ketoeloeh

• Librarian
    • Golden Goblin Gaming Group
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2018, 08:08:55 AM »
Plenty of cool ideas here. I hope some powers-that-be read this and will act according to our wishes :-).
One never knows...
Golden Goblin by day & night, Great Old One after hours!

Offline Wildman II

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2018, 03:39:31 PM »
John Ringo's Posleen War. Would probably have to be in 15mm or smaller to allow
 for the large number of Posleen needed. You could use modern infantry for the different
 nations of the world but there are some things not available. First and foremost, reptilian centaurs for the Posleen. It would be nice to have the super heavy tanks the Americans and Germans have. There is also power armor in the books.

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2018, 08:23:38 AM »
For the last few years I've been getting more interested in Anime, and there's wealth of great IP that is for the most part untapped. There are dozens if not hundreds of great Anime that would easily translate to the tabletop in a number of systems. Hell a lot of recent Fantasy Anime, seem to be based on a RPG system in the first place.

Here's a few examples I'd love to see:
Fairy Tail - Fantasy RPG/Skirmish
One Piece - Pirate RPG/Skirmish
Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - Fantasy RPG/Skirmish
One Punch Man - Superhero RPG/Skirmish
Boku No Hero Academia - Super Hero RPG/Skirmish
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind/Laputa Castle in the Sky/Howl's Moving Castle - VSF RPG/Skirmish
Porco Rosso - Aerial Combat
Girls und Panzer - Tank Combat
Log Horizon - Fantasy RPG/Skirmish
Goblin Slayer- Fantasy RPG/Skirmish
Lupin the 3rd - Pulp RPG
Macross - Mecha combat
Highschool of the Dead - Zombie RPG/Skirmish

Honestly the list could go on and on, there's SO much great Anime out there this is just the tip of the iceberg

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2018, 09:39:39 AM »
I think that the saga of Super Dimensional Fortress Macross is a post graduate module on IP law.

Which is a pity as I love the vehicles.

The plastic kits are by Imai and Arii.

Offline Nordic1980s

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2018, 06:21:08 PM »
Which IP would you like to see...... brought to the tabletop?

#1. Games Workshop IP from 1985 to 1993 era. Limited edition Failcasts and equally limited edition reprints available only from GW museum don't count. I'm talking proper business here, with the cash register going KA-ZING all around the globe. If D&D, Ral Partha, ex-Grenadier and Wargames Foundry can do this, why not GW? In fact GW did use to have this service for old IP up until 2000, it was called something like Mail Order Archive Service and they would even cast the plastic components in metal if needed to fulfill the order. Think as in Chaos forces that actually looked cool. Classic White Dwarf t-shirts and posters, anyone? Reprints of Ratspike available from local bookshop – when?

#2. Non-Peter-Jackson Tolkien IP in 25mm. Mithril doesn't count as their miniature manufacturing strategy has been a sad joke for the last 20 years. There are good substitutes, including some that formerly held the official license (i.e. Harlequin Miniatures). Even the generic fantasy side of #1 above would indirectly help a lot here. Sadly there may exist some mentally retarded licencing reasons that keep the relevant IP out of Tolkien Estate's hands, thus giving GW legal de facto near-monopoly on Tolkien miniature IP. Which is horrible.

#3. Nipponese anime IP, as mentioned by Mr Tough Guy and Ultravanillasmurf. As in gaming mech battles with a proper Japanese battle robots (1, 2, 3, 4). Some good news here. Or just imagine mr. Goodwin sculpting 25mm Captain Harlock, goddess Queen Emeraldas, Tetsuro and Maetel, cast in flawless golden-hued pewter or resin. (Other than Tetsuro, the rest of the hobbit-alike anime pygmy fatties need not to be sculpted... ::) )

(Was about to write something about #4. master Philippe Druillet, when I remembered that #1 would cover that too. Because Druillet is where the Realm of Chaos stuff originated from.)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 06:34:00 PM by Nordic1980s »

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2018, 08:50:35 PM »
I'd love to see possibly an official resident evil line...but I know in my heart that it'd go all ''monkeys paw'' and it'd be a line of 32mm resin shite by modiphius.

Some type of survival-horror miniatures game, maybe northstar style where they make a few minis but encourage people to use whatever, maybe lovecraftian although that whole style may be overdone.

Offline waitwhat

• Librarian
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2018, 11:29:13 PM »
Classic White Dwarf t-shirts and posters, anyone?

That's  pretty sweet idea actually.