Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:56:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Greenskin Wars - The Iron Orcs and Bulbus Peppernose Kickstarter  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
Greenskin Wars - The Iron Orcs and Bulbus Peppernose Kickstarter
« on: November 13, 2018, 07:28:38 AM »
This might be the first Kickstarter I've started a forum thread about so go easy on me if I'm not following the custom or if this has already been discussed.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554542735/greenskin-wars-the-iron-orcs-and-bulbus-peppernose/posts/2341695

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
Re: Greenskin Wars - The Iron Orcs and Bulbus Peppernose Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 07:29:54 AM »
Oldhammer orcs the largest faction in my collection containing many large factions, and more Adams greenskins, while I never would turn them away and often wind up with them, are pretty much the dead last thing I need more of, strictly speaking. While I have the Iron Claw range up to a certain point, the point game where even I coudl say I had enough....

Except when it comes to black orcs. Because IMO, black orcs have never been done right. If there is one greenskin need waiting to be filled, it's giant black orcs. I collected them many times over, and none really do it for me. I started converting a few, and have seriously considered having a hand at sculpting my own as my first attempt at commercial sculpts. But honestly, I would much rather just fork over some dough for some.

And now, with these,  the need has been met and here's my opportunity to do just that. So I'm in on this one. Kev nailed it.

Am I the only one who has been waiting for these since childhood?
  :D

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 08:36:01 AM »
Ooh hadn't seen this! Just jumped on. Lovely figures and I always feel that I can't have enough Old school looking Orcs and Dwarves in my collection. Even if they sit in a drawer for 30 years. The Orcs are great but I love those goblins...

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 12:33:53 PM »
The Orcs are great but I love those goblins...
True but i like the orcs a bit more. The bugbears at the store are very cool, too.

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 12:57:13 PM »
They are also cool.

Let's just agree all the stuff is excellent! I may go back and pick up those Bugbears at some point.

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 06:11:50 AM »
I really like the option to put kickstarter $ to any items from the back catalog. The armored space orcs and pantheon of chaos stuff has been on my wishlist.

Offline iPaint

• Bookworm
    • iPaint's Workbench
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 10:58:14 PM »
Anyone know when these will be available to the general public, and if there's any other sculpts offered from previous campaigns available now?

~iPaint
iPaint's Workbench - a blog for all of my painting endeavors
Currently painting: 20mm WW2, 28mm Zombicide
In the pipeline: 28mm Reaper Bones, 15mm Sci-fi

Offline Nicklas P

• Librarian
    • instagram
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 11:59:40 PM »
Anyone know when these will be available to the general public, and if there's any other sculpts offered from previous campaigns available now?

~iPaint

The minis from this kickstarter will probably be available in the store early next year. The Orcs and other stuff from the previous kickstarter will be available November 23rd IIRC.

http://knightmareminiatures.com/category/green-skin-wars

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 02:51:34 PM »
I was so tempted by those goblins but not cash at the moment.  :(