Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:18:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: For those who play Spellslingers and Sellswords  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Commander Carnage

• Scientist
For those who play Spellslingers and Sellswords
« on: November 13, 2018, 04:35:47 PM »
How do you handle carrying an out of action companion in your games?
"Just don't roll a one!"

Offline dar916

• Schoolboy
Re: For those who play Spellslingers and Sellswords
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 08:53:11 PM »
1.  May spend one action picking up a fallen comrade. 
2.  May not shoot.
3.  May not use magic.
4.  Melee fight at -2 (if they win, they back away 1" rather than do dmg).
5.  Move is -1" for every level of armor worn by OOA char (may spend an action stripping 2 levels of armor off of OOA character),
6.  May drop comrade for free at any time.

Post-game - out of action guys lose their equipment traits (except armor, unless comrade was stripped)

-dar

Offline dar916

• Schoolboy
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 08:56:07 PM »
almost forgot - may not do combat dodge, etc if shot at, but also no DL penalty for being shot - I figure your OOA character somewhat protects you in this regard....

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 10:28:14 PM »
Is that your house rules, or are they in an expansion I don't have, mayhaps?  o_o
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline dar916

• Schoolboy
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 04:35:54 PM »
Those are my house rules (since the rulebook doesn't describe how to handle figures that are completely out of action - which creates issues if the scenario requires you to leave the tabletop).  They seem to work pretty well, but would be curious to know how others handle that situation.

I use quite a few house rules for the "campaign" section as well as there are a few gaps (when is gained XP spent? what exactly do you do with OOA chars - the chart in the book is geared toward OOA chars still on the table) and i'm working on other "post-game/in-between-game" activities (as that section reads like it was a little rushed and is too generic for what I am doing).

For anyone reading who might be doing research/considering playing, do not take the above as criticism.  The tabletop rules, activation and the deck mechanics are superb and have really inspired my solo-gaming (and do a great job of inserting tension and uncertainty).  And the activation deck is easily customizable for home-brew scenarios.

It is a great game.

Offline Commander Carnage

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 06:43:35 PM »
Excellent suggestions, I halved the movement of the carrying character unless they have the strong trait in which I apply a -1" penalty. Your ideas account for combat and armor which I hadn't considered.
For characters that have a movement penalty from being hurt I allowed an unhindered character to help them move as well.