Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:30:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689474
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Butlers' Printed Models Latest Releases  (Read 21159 times)

Offline BPM

• Bookworm
    • Butlers Printed Models
[COMMERCIAL] Butlers' Printed Models Latest Releases
« on: November 14, 2018, 01:57:48 PM »
Our models are available in any scale from 6 mm to 28 mm.
I'll aim to regularly post updates here about our new releases.

We've recently extended our range of Leopard 1 tanks.

5 different variants are now available:

Leopard 1A1 - Round turret
Leopard 1A1A1 - Round turret with turret armour
Leopard 1A1A2 - As 1A1A1 with image box
Leopard 1A3 - Square turret
Leopard 1A5 - Round turret with sights on top instead of the side bulges, turret armour.

Leopard 1A5
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 01:59:26 PM by BPM »

Offline BPM

• Bookworm
    • Butlers Printed Models
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Butlers' Printed Models Latest Releases
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 06:18:32 PM »
British Ferret Armoured cars
Any scale from 6 mm to 28 mm

5 different variants are available:

Ferret Mk 1/1 - FV701 Open topped
Ferret Mk 1/2 - FV701 Fixed turret
Ferret Mk 2 - FV701 Rotating turret
Ferret Mk 2/6 - FV703 with Vigilant antitank missiles
Ferret Mk 4 - FV711 Big wheels version with flotation screen

Ferret Mk4

Offline BPM

• Bookworm
    • Butlers Printed Models
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 05:27:10 PM »
Hughes OH-6 Cayuse "Loach" helicopter
Any scale from 12 mm to 28 mm

Offline BPM

• Bookworm
    • Butlers Printed Models
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 08:36:47 AM »
Sd.Kfz 10 Halftrack

Sd.Kfz 7 Halftrack

M2 or M3 Bradley

Options available are:

M2 - Initial IFV (M2A1 is identical externally)
M2A2 - More armour, available with or without ERA (Explosive reactive armour)
M2A3 - Adds Commander’s Independent Viewer (CIV) to the turret, with or without ERA

M3 - Initial CFV (Cavalry fighting vehicle), identical to M2 without firing ports
M3A1 - Almost identical to M3 but without some periscopes
M3A2 - More armour, available with or without ERA (Explosive reactive armour)
M3A3 - Adds Commander’s Independent Viewer (CIV) to the turret, with or without ERA

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 10:01:29 AM »
I think you would probably showcase your wares better if you adjusted the lighting. Try photographing them in pitch black or maybe at a distance of 500 metres using a telefoto lens.

Still, you are to be commended for providing a public service. Any time I feel even remotely tempted to buy an el cheapo scanner at Aldi, I’ll think of your products.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Painterz

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 03:18:59 PM »
Yeah I must admit, looking at the ripples on all the flat surfaces, those look like they'd be a nightmare to paint. I admire the honesty in letting people see what they're getting though.

Maybe if you had some painted up examples to show off?

It's a great idea, but unless your prices are way cheaper than the competition...

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 03:32:26 PM »
I think you would probably showcase your wares better if you adjusted the lighting. Try photographing them in pitch black or maybe at a distance of 500 metres using a telefoto lens.

Still, you are to be commended for providing a public service. Any time I feel even remotely tempted to buy an el cheapo scanner at Aldi, I’ll think of your products.

If you wish to be so negative, you could at least make an attempt to be constructive while at it.

I'm no expert in real-world equipment so I can't comment on whether or not any actual gear is wrong but I do agree with Painterz in that these vehicles would likely take some filing (sanding?) to even out certain surfaces to a comfortably paintable level.
Strangely, it seems that the ripples only appear on some parts while being absent on the others... perhaps there's something in the model's print file causing it?

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline flatpack

• Mastermind
  • Hiding in the shed
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 05:04:49 PM »
Don’t slag this man off, he’s providing a service.
I’ve seen a few of his 28mm modern soviet vehicles, and after adding a good paint job, they were ideal for the table top.
Lads we should be chuffed, as these are covering multiple scales at a reasonable price.
Let’s go with the half full idea, instead of the half empty.
Flatpack

Offline sakura11

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 06:48:51 PM »
Absolutely agree with the positive aspects
They do have some surfaceripples but paint up well for table top usr and are a brilliant price and have a range of modern vehicles not seen elsewhere
Well done for the pioneering commercial company and for showing the potential
Great value product and service

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 07:20:47 AM »
If you wish to be so negative, you could at least make an attempt to be constructive while at it.

I'm no expert in real-world equipment so I can't comment on whether or not any actual gear is wrong...

Thank you for a fabulous non sequitur*. As I said, it’s a public service showing just how shit the results can be using a home printer. Beyond that I’m struggling to see anything to be constructive about. I suppose I could have said ‘Your models would be greatly improved if you had troubled to buy a decent printing set up, made initial masters, cleaned them, cast them up and marketed them’.

Given the prices sought vis a vis manafacturers who have gone down that route or produced them the old fashioned way, this is just a massive piss take. Some of the folk that do produce such models are members of LAF and actively contibute to the forum, rather than use it solely as an outlet to spam their shoddy wares.

By the by it doesn’t take an expert on real world equipment to see alpine scale ridges and swirls left by the printing process.

I’m sure there is a market for these, just as it is said there’s someone for everyone in life. Given that there isn’t much if anything that isn’t already produced by real manufacturers in the smaller scales, where the flaws and failings would be less noticeable, I don’t see the point myself. For 28mm you might as well carve something out of a lump of coal.

Your mileage may vary.

* Non sequitur: A grammatical term implying a degree of logical inconsistency in a phrase or between contiguous phrases. Not an actual term of abuse.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 01:51:17 AM by carlos marighela »

Offline sakura11

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 10:32:46 AM »
Wow
What an abusive last post
You don't like them
Leave it at that and let people decide if they like them
You just sound an idiot with a vested interest
I'm sure your not but what is the point of your rant
I have no connection to any company but hate to see effort disparaged in such a populist and worthless manner

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2018, 12:36:32 PM »
Fair enough, save for the fact that you clearly have no idea of what the word populist means. You should probably remedy that in light of current, worldwide, political trends.

Offline sakura11

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2018, 02:23:24 PM »
Populism to me is summed up by simplistic and dogmatic views with the usr of insults and foul language to make a point rather than rational and measured  argument
UK USA Russia Brazil Hungary Philippines all are succumbing
End of dialogue just wanted to defend a manufacturer who has a good product and does not deserve sarcasm and foul languagr

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2018, 03:33:46 PM »
Populism to me is summed up by simplistic and dogmatic views with the usr of insults and foul language to make a point rather than rational and measured  argument
UK USA Russia Brazil Hungary Philippines all are succumbing
End of dialogue just wanted to defend a manufacturer who has a good product and does not deserve sarcasm and foul languagr

The "good product" part is open to debate, though.

Mind, Carlos, I would like to ask to to phrase your criticism quite a bit less acidly and offensively. Personally, I think the BPM range is quite impressively big and the designs are well-done in regard to proportions and apparent robustness as gaming pieces, but let down tremendously by these really obvious serrations, leading to a crudeness (IMHO) of product that is, again IMHO, not compensated for by any potential cost-saving.

TLDR, insulting tone and aggression is not working in anyone's favour. You can word criticism in a more polite way without getting unduly uncouth, and I would like LAF to stay on that approach.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2018, 01:40:18 AM »
Point taken Chris.

Had this been a community member producing something for his own amusement, naturally enough I would have applied the typical filters of polite discourse. The OP popped up a couple of weeks ago and started spamming their product across a number of threads. At no point have they engaged in any discussion or forum activity. It's just been a case of 'oh look, here's a free advertising forum!'. It's not really a service, unless you consider advertsing flyers shoved in your letter box a service.

Someone has pointed out that the items in question look better painted up. I doubt that but I would be perfectly open to being proved wrong. There's an opportunity for the OP to provide a painted version of their wares.

To the chap(?) that called me an idiot, no I don't have any commercial interests at stake, either personal or by association. LAF is an international forum and I understand that English is likely not your first language but 'shit' and 'piss-take' as descriptors are part of the common argot and rarely seen as offensive outside of a Methodist Sunday School.

Apologies to those who feel offended by my candour.  I shall take more care when criticizing a product. I shouldn't need to point it out as I have already said it but if these models appeal, then more power to you.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 01:52:34 AM by carlos marighela »