Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:04:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686443
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Renegade Miniatures - Gone For Good?  (Read 14507 times)

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Re: Renegade Miniatures - Gone For Good?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2019, 10:38:30 PM »
I came across some of their British Airborne figs on a Bring & Buy, the PIAT teams, and they are gorgeous. I wish I could put together a whole platoon.

If they are ever back on sale, I hope someone sends me a PM.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2020, 03:07:25 PM »

It would be good to have their ranges back into production... any news on that?  :?
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline olean

• Student
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2020, 12:11:56 PM »
Yes! I have been waiting for years now to buy more of their excellent minis - does anyone have any news?

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2020, 12:46:41 PM »
Yes! I have been waiting for years now to buy more of their excellent minis - does anyone have any news?

I've sent several emails and not received a reply.  I'm assuming their business email address is not one that they check with any regularity if at all.

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2020, 12:59:10 PM »
Could Northstar buy their moulds...?

Online westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2020, 01:45:56 PM »
[quoteI've sent several emails and not received a reply.  I'm assuming their business email address is not one that they check with any regularity if at all [/quote]

To be honest that was a problem when they were still in business!!
As much as I would like to be able to buy their figures again, I feel some of the moulds for their ECW figures should be remade/remastered or whatever you have to do to them when they are past their best?

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2020, 02:15:31 PM »
I'm sure it's incredibly frustrating if you need more figures to build up units. I'm also interested in model railways and there was a manufacturer which started up in the mid-1990s but was only around for a couple of years before stopping. I bought some of its kits but not enough - I had other commitments at the time such as getting married, buying a house etc.. Now, I search Ebay every week to see if someone is selling its products and, when they do come up, which is very rare, I have to pay ridiculous prices to get them. But I feel I need them because no-one since has manufactured the same things. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 05:22:35 PM by Paul Richardson »

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2020, 02:16:20 PM »
[quoteI've sent several emails and not received a reply.  I'm assuming their business email address is not one that they check with any regularity if at all

To be honest that was a problem when they were still in business!!
As much as I would like to be able to buy their figures again, I feel some of the moulds for their ECW figures should be remade/remastered or whatever you have to do to them when they are past their best?

If the moulds are worn out you need the masters made from the silicon moulds in order to do that. Either that or the original sculpt to then make a master mould.

Offline 1ngram

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2020, 03:00:56 PM »
Keep looking on Ebay.  You would be surprised how often Renegade ECW comes up for sale either unpoainted or painted but still cheap - and repaintable.  I needed to add a couple of ECY cavalry regiments to suit a new set of rules we were using at the club and over only a month or so found more than enough figures on Ebay to suit my needs.

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2020, 07:33:40 PM »
Weren’t the Renegade and Redoubt Enterprises figures done by the same sculptor so are interchangeable?

https://www.redoubtenterprises.com/product-category/a-c-w-e-c-w/e-c-w/cavalry-e-c-w/

Online Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2020, 07:51:34 PM »
Bicorne not Redoubt.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2020, 09:27:35 PM »
I saw the new 1st Corps ECW cavalry last weekend at Hammerhead and I think they will go great with Bicorne and be a good substitute for Renegade.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2020, 09:31:34 PM »
Bicorne not Redoubt.

Yeah, definitely Bicorne. Redoubt are actually huge even when compared with the relatively large Bicorne and Renegade mini's.

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2020, 10:30:26 PM »
Bicorne not Redoubt.

Oh dear, sorry for the mistake  ;D

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2020, 11:30:41 PM »
Yeah, definitely Bicorne. Redoubt are actually huge even when compared with the relatively large Bicorne and Renegade mini's.

I have to challenge you there Atheling! I mix all three together and they look fine together. I started using the Bicorne spare heads on Redoubt bodies too and that makes them even more compatible.