Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:17:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689244
  • Total Topics: 118266
  • Online Today: 526
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: For King and Parliament help!  (Read 895 times)

Offline slim

• Lurker
For King and Parliament help!
« on: November 17, 2018, 03:16:28 PM »
So, I have played three games so far all as Royalist. Three defeats. I find that particularly my Swedish style horse are coming off second best when up against Dutch style horse. I can charge and will have a five card draw in my first round with a 30% chance of a hit with each card. This could be lowered to 20% if the Dutch horse managed a 30% defensive shot which I didn't save at 30/40/50% depending on Raw/Seasoned/Veteran status. The dutch horse will then save before striking back with 2 draws at 20/30% depending on if they saved or not. Next melee turn the Swedish horse will be drawing 3 cards with a 30/20% chance, the dutch horse with 2 draws unless they initiated the charge when they will also have 3 cards. Add the presence of commanded shot with the dutch horse which gives another defensive shot in round one my experience is that the Swedish horse with 2 hit points versus the dutch with 3 tend to lose. The defender also benefits from cover, ( don't ask me about the failure in 2 games of good quality formed infantry failing to oust dragoons from cover!).
As these rules are descended from To the Strongest I wonder why the to hit chance in melee has been reduced from 50% to 30% in FKap?

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
Re: For King and Parliament help!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 04:02:31 PM »
I'm not sure why you are finding the Royalist horse under-powered. As you indicate in your analysis, their chances of inflicting damage are much higher. You ask why there was a change from 6+ to hit in TTS and 8+ in FK&P; I think the answer is that in FK&P you tend to be drawing more cards, so having more cards with a lower chance to hit allows for finer adjustment of probability than having fewer cards with a higher chance to hit. It has certainly not been our experience that Swedish style horse are too weak, and the Dutch horse cost you 3 medals when they rout.