Forum > General Wargames and Hobby Discussion

Any Interest in a 2018 Secret Santa Gift Exchange?

(1/15) > >>

Revfan:
Hey Guys

We skipped last year, but if anyone is interested in a Secret Santa Gift Exchange, I would be willing to organize it again. 

Here is how it works

Basically, its one of the only ways to ENSURE you get some cool Lead (possibly plastic) for Christmas! 

Here is how it would work...

Anyone who wants to sign up, just says "I am in" on this thread, then PMs me their info* later.  Once the Registration period is over... say end of November, I'll send everyone who is playing ONE address to send a Secret Santa Gift to.  Each person is responsible for sending a gift of nominal value (determined by the group) to the individual he has an address for.... Everybody reports here in the secret Santa thread when there gift arrives, and what it was, and after everyone gets theirs, we can "reveal" who we were the secret Santa too.

The points to stress are
1) The person receiving the gift doesn't know who the giver is (until revealed after date specified by group)

2) You only buy ONE gift for ONE recipient (and you only GET ONE gift from ONE sender)

3) Gifts should have a value that is per-determined buy the group... that is, if we say $20 or so. Your gift can be worth more if you want, but the minimum value is just to make it equitable for all players.  You don't even have to buy anything...   You can grab a few figures (painted unpainted) throw em in a box and mail em off... done.  It can be anything Mini/LAF related Paints, Brushes, Games, Rules, Dice, Figures, etc etc etc....

4) Gifts must go out by a certain date December 7, to ensure they arrive before Christmas. (hard to enforce, but try to meet the sending deadline.)

It usually takes about 10-12 to make it worthwhile, and I will try to keep US Folks Together and Euro folks together so there is no crazy transatlantic shipping charges to worry about.

If you are skeptical, take a look at the
2015 Secret Santa - Christmas Gift Exchange or, "How to have a Mini Christmas!"  (Read 13450 times) http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=84096.0
or the
2016 2016 Secret Santa Gift Exchange is BACK for its 2nd Year! Sign up HERE!  (Read 9299 times) http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=94975.0

Remember, this is an international forum... the more folks we have that participate means the chances are better that you get somebody close(ish) to you.  We can keep registration open till the 26th or so..

If you are interested, just reply with "I'm in!" or "I've done it before, and I'll do it again!"

So FAR
1. Belgian
2. bluewillow
3. FionaWhite
4. LordOdo
5. tyrionhalfman
6. Sterling Moose
7. McMordain
8. Jabba
9. Chris Abbey
10. robh
11. gweirda
12. Mason
13. Revfan

We have 13.... now we need a Burglar
Lets wait a few more days before we close... Sunday I will start the process.

If you are in, please PM Me with your
1 -  FORUM NAME + REAL NAME
2-  Delivery address  As would be written on a package (Proper Spelling and Punctuation)

Hobby interest (Sci-Fi /Fantasy/ WW2 etc.)  Not a wish list, just some ideas for your Santa

I can't stress enough about the mailing address.  Every country seems to do it a little differently.  What makes sense to you in Sri Lanka might be strange looking to someone in the UK.

So put each thing on the line as it should go... and if you spell "street" with a lower case, then make sure you show that....

The sooner I get all the info, the sooner we can kick it off!

Belgian:
Sounds cool, I'm in (Europe)

bluewillow:
Count me in (Europe)

Cheers
Matt
France

FionaWhite:
Sign me up as well (Europe).

LordOdo:
Previous times proved to be great!
So I'm in again this year :)