Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:17:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685053
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 766
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Any Interest in a 2018 Secret Santa Gift Exchange?  (Read 8866 times)

Offline Revfan

• Scientist
Re: Any Interest in a 2018 Secret Santa Gift Exchange?
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2019, 08:53:25 AM »
I think everybody has received a gift... except for McMordain.

I don't know if it was lost in the mail or not at this point, I haven't been able to get the tracking number.....

Offline Jabba

• Mad Scientist
    • Jabba's Wargaming
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2019, 03:33:23 PM »
Thanks Revfan for organising this.  The event seems to have been a success again.  It would have been nice to see more pics of peoples goodies, but I'm sure we can imagine the best gaming presents ever   :D

Please can we do it again next year?  Maybe with a bit more notice as it was a real scramble trying to find a suitable gift in the short time frame available.

Thanks!!

What he said, it was fun and probably the only present I received this year that was a complete surprise.

Offline Revfan

• Scientist
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2019, 09:10:36 PM »
I believe all gifts have arrived... we should get confirmation later.

If you want to "reveal" yourselves (if you haven't already) - Please so!

If you can take a quick pick of your gift and post it, that would be cool.

And...

You are correct, I waited way too long (honestly, I just forgot all about it)... next year, we will start eary November... Gifts go out 15 November or so.

CHEERS!

Offline McMordain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2019, 12:24:15 AM »
It took a while but my gift waited for me at home today.  :)
Thanks for the book, I was eyeing this for a long time now.

I was FionaWhite's Secret Santa. I'm really happy I managed to send you things that you wanted, because 28mm sci-fi & fantasy was a little vague as interest.  lol

Also thank you, Revfan, to organising this, and count me in next time as well. It's always fun.  :D

Bear Pirates Go To Hell!

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2019, 12:41:17 AM »
Eventhough I was not your Santa I'm glad your gift turned up! I agree it is always fun, so I'm pretty sure I'll participate again next time!
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline Jabba

• Mad Scientist
    • Jabba's Wargaming
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2019, 09:56:33 AM »
Well I was Santa for Chris Abbey, hope it got there and was some use. He was also my Santa, company postage markings gave it away  lol , many thanks. Definitely in for next year.

Offline Revfan

• Scientist
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2019, 10:15:25 AM »
It is kind of fun!

I started doing it because it was the only way I could insure I'd get some minis for Christmas (uhhmm... that I didn't pay for!)

ANOTHER IDEA That I'd like some feed back on

Many moons ago, I smoked cigars and belonged to a Cigar Forum.

One of the cool things we did there was a PUT-ONE-TAKE-ONE box.

Basically, it worked like this.  The Box Starter (Player 1) would fill a modest box with cigars of all types and values.... So there would be $2 cigars $5 Cigars, $35 Cubans etc.... maybe 20 Cigars or so.
Player 1 takes a photo of the contents/makes a list and posts it.  He then mails the box to player two.  Player two gets the box and can take anything out of the box he wants, but has to put back something at least of equal value to what he takes.  He then posts his "Puts and takes" in the Forum thread, and mails the box to the next player on the list (in this case, Player #3).  Player #3 repeats the process, sending the box on.  If there are 10 players, the last player, #10, then sends the box back to the Original Box Starter, Player 1 where the game ends.  With Cigars, it gives you a chance to try stuff that you normally wouldn't or turn other folks on to some of your favorites.

There is a "Spirit of the Game", so, it isn't fair to pull one $20 item and replace it with 20, $1 items, and its best to swap just a couple of items.... because always having some show stopper big things always keeps the interest going. 

We could adopt this for Minis here and It would probably be pretty cool.  At least, I am willing to take a chance and start a box if we could get about 10 folks

Anyone interested? You guys are the most adventurous as you are already at an unusual thread....

What are you thoughts?

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2019, 11:14:01 AM »
Hi Jabba, glad your stuff arrived OK, and many thanks for mine.
Skaven standard bearer is going to serve in my Burrows and Badgers warband, and lovely painted character will be used as a D&D character. I need to take a photo but was away staying for relatives over Christmas and then on holiday in Malta from 1st - 14th January, so just getting caught up now.
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2019, 11:27:31 AM »
PUT-ONE-TAKE-ONE box.

Revfan, I like the idea but with the ever increasing cost of international shipping this may work better confined either within the borders of one country or countries that have sympathetic postal rates
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2019, 12:31:26 PM »
Also there is already such a thing going. With varying succes. Some boxes got lost i transit this year.
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=89892.720

I missed the Santa bit this year but would definitely be interested in joining next Christmas.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2019, 05:11:25 PM »
Yeah, was going to say . . . we have a box of many things that gets sent around. It has been running for several years on the trot (at least 3-4 I think).

The USA and Canada have managed to do their own from time to time but with more mixed results I believe.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2019, 10:25:14 PM »
I was FionaWhite's Secret Santa. I'm really happy I managed to send you things that you wanted, because 28mm sci-fi & fantasy was a little vague as interest.  lol

Heh, sorry about that. First time so I had no idea as to how specific one should be and decided to err on the side of caution.  :D
But as I mentioned, everything was most welcome so thank you!

And thanks to Revfan as well, for organizing this.

I was LordOdo's secret santa (and boy did I run into unfortunate circumstances trying to get your package out, though 'tis a tale for another day), so hopefully you can find something useful in there!  :)

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Jabba

• Mad Scientist
    • Jabba's Wargaming
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2019, 10:29:09 AM »
Hi Jabba, glad your stuff arrived OK, and many thanks for mine.
Skaven standard bearer is going to serve in my Burrows and Badgers warband, and lovely painted character will be used as a D&D character. I need to take a photo but was away staying for relatives over Christmas and then on holiday in Malta from 1st - 14th January, so just getting caught up now.

Great glad it got there and is of use to you.
Tony.

Offline Revfan

• Scientist
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2019, 09:34:11 AM »
Hey Guys, if you were in last year, and want to play again, check out the 2019 Secret Santa thread here
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=120315.0