Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:18:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690810
  • Total Topics: 118352
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Stalking the Shadow Deep  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Mrs. Esterhouse

• Bookworm
Stalking the Shadow Deep
« on: November 22, 2018, 06:04:54 PM »
Played the first mission with a buddy. Really enjoyed it. First scenario was a bit tough but we got past it with some teamwork against all the zombies that kept appearing.Man there was a lot of them! Probably why we found no survivors in the next scenario!

Heres Roland and his faithful warhound Snorri and some pics of the boards(buddy forgot his figs so we had to proxy his ranger and companions).

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
Re: Stalking the Shadow Deep
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 06:13:57 PM »
Cool looking figures and terrain.

Offline Mrs. Esterhouse

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 07:07:39 PM »
Thank you. Looking forward to starting the next mission. Will have more pics then.

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 07:23:11 AM »
Cool, i'll keep my eyes open. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Mrs. Esterhouse

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 10:14:52 PM »
Decided to start a solo campaign as its hard to find regular players, especially in the current Chicago climate! Replayed the first mission with a new ranger and companions.

Here we have Rendric, a new ranger looking to make a name for himself.  Caerlyn and Alaric, a knight and templar of the kingdom. Balin, a local forester in the auxiliary force. And Odo the warhound.

They did alright at the deserted village, finding and rescuing a survivor, clearing out a bunch of zombies and rats, and identifying the tracks and bite marks. Did not find the missing rangers body though. Perhaps Aventine is alive somewhere?

Following the tracks to some woods, they found and burned all the nest trees, found another survivor and killed some spiders and zombies. Still no sign of Aventine. Got enough experience to level Rendric up once and all companions survived, forming a solid bond of kinship.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 10:16:54 PM by Mrs. Esterhouse »

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 08:34:09 PM »
Lovely table. Stay warm!

Offline Mrs. Esterhouse

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 10:56:30 PM »
Made it through mission 2. The first scenario is perhaps the funnest I’ve ever played, with each die roll going my way. Stayed stealthy the whole time with my ranger and archer teaming up to take down gnolls across the river and my templar and knight working together to take down any who ventured into the wooded areas. Rendric even scored a crit to take out the vulture.

Second scenario was a total murderfest by my heroes. Ganging up is crucial to surviving in this game.

Third scenario was a bit tougher. That shadowknight took down my templar quick and I lost the soldier from scenario 1 to a gnoll archer(both survived). Thankfully another crit from Rendric took out the shadowknight(coming through in the clutch!) and the rest was clean up. Caerlyn, my knight, is apparently one of the better fighters in the kingdom with over a dozen kills so far!

Here are some pics(apologies for the unpainted stuff. My desire to game outweighs my desire to paint!)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:06:19 AM by Mrs. Esterhouse »

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 05:47:19 PM »
(apologies for the unpainted stuff. My desire to game outweighs my desire to paint!)

All unpainted ennemies should have a bonus of +1 in Fight  :D  lol

Nice board

Cheers

Offline Mrs. Esterhouse

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 07:24:23 PM »
All unpainted ennemies should have a bonus of +1 in Fight  :D  lol

Nice board

Cheers

Ha! Point

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 04:17:23 PM »
Looks like great fun was had! I really like the scenery, especially the tower floorplans.