Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:24:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685059
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warlords of Erehwon, Warlords new fantasy game.  (Read 57940 times)

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
Re: Warlords of Erehwon, Warlords new fantasy game.
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2018, 07:38:26 AM »
However, as regards Celtic myth, have you tried the Osprey 'Of Gods and Mortals' rules?  I've collected several Celtic warbands and have the Celts supplement.

Aye, I've looked at it but I'm not a fan of the Song mechanics.

I jumped on the Forgotten Worlds KS so will likely use those minis for Erehwon though I will likely get some Celtos minis if the game works for me.

This really is my ideal size of game so I have soo many ideas buzzing around my head at the moment.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2018, 12:13:02 PM »
If nothing else I will be interested to see the barbarian miniatures - mammoth riding neanderthals sounds intriguing.

They'll be the Frostgrave ones, so you already can. I don't see Warlord producing something they already stock and sell.

Offline Mac V

• Bookworm
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2018, 12:58:55 PM »
That’s my guess as well.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2018, 01:08:39 PM »
From the list on page 1 and my thoughts on which models they'll recommend:

Barbarians - Frostgrave.
Beastmen - ?
Dwarfs - Oathmark.
Elves - Oathmark.
Gnolls - Frostgrave.
Goblins - Oathmark? seems unlikely, as the Oathmark goblins are the same size as the WGF Orcs.
Halflings - ?
Knight - Perry or Fireforge.
Olympian - Warlords own ancients.
Orcs - WGF orcs.
Undead - WGF skeletons.
Monsters - ?

I'm surprised they havent added an asian faction, so they can sell more WGF samurai.

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2018, 01:45:03 PM »
https://youtu.be/eFVJLpEgx28

About 10:26

Didn’t say you were wrong, just that it was odd  :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 01:47:13 PM by pixelgeek »

Offline andyskinner

• Bookworm
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2018, 01:47:03 PM »
mammoth riding neanderthals sounds intriguing.

That sounds awful hard on the Neanderthals' backs!

andy

Offline Mac V

• Bookworm
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2018, 05:16:32 PM »
Didn’t say you were wrong, just that it was odd  :)

Wanted to make sure I actually heard it. Sucks getting old.

Offline Mac V

• Bookworm
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2018, 05:18:05 PM »
I’d really like this game be more than just a toolbox. Maybe not a rehash of Warhammer, but a world with some background for sure. 

Offline Mac V

• Bookworm
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2018, 05:26:25 PM »
Nick from Northstar has a post on FB saying some of their models are pictures in the rulebook. So, that kinda confirms that. I really don’t see Warlord starting a whole new genre of models to support the game. Well, not unless it’s HUGE. Weird situation with fantasy models right now outside of Age of Sigmar. Several companys making good stuff, lots of people working on rules for them.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2018, 11:04:28 PM »
The free mini you get when ordering the book

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2018, 05:55:12 AM »
I wonder if everyone gets one or just those who order from Warlord?

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2018, 08:21:14 AM »
Just spotted a few extra nuggets of info on the Erehwon FB page...

Rick Priestley: The infantry units tend to be 5-10, cavalry 3-5, larger monsters like Trolls 1-3, bigger monsters, chariots, and engines on their own. Wizards and Warlord characters usually have a couple of bodyguards - which in the case of wizards can be things like familiars, spirit guides, and such like. Units are generally 'one thing' like archers, spearmen, swordsmen, etc. Small force about six units (nice size for a game).

Rick Priestley: Yes you can use whatever you have so long as they are based individually - round, square, polyhedral, rectangular - doesn't matter - I just assume models are based 'to fit' in the traditional manner. The exact size isn't an issue. Most of our collections were based for Warhammer years ago - or are the modern style round base - we use both together.

Measurement - in inches - can pre-measure - measure edge to edge - nothing very unusual there

Rick Priestley: I don't think terrain will be a problem - I've provided the basics in respect of movement, cover and so on - but when it comes to fitting the rules to your terrain I'd adopted the same kind of 'make sure you agree before the game' approach that I used in the Red Book of the Elf King game - so there is some flexibility to take account of 'really strange' stuff. I have some fairly big bits of terrain myself... including a 2' square 'hill fort' and an improbably vast marsh made by Nigel Stillman that I liberated from GW... all of which we've used.

For those of you familiar with the Beyond the Gates of Antares rules you will be ahead of the crowd, hint hint. This game will be using the same d10 system and order dice system.

Looks like I might have to acquire some Order Dice.

6 units a side of 5-10 minis sounds good so an Oathmark box of minis sounds like a great starting point for an army.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2018, 10:22:48 AM »
Sounds lot like Dragon Rampant regarding the number of models needed. You might even be able to use your DR army for Warlords with few to no modifications.

A couple of characters, a box of infantry and either a box of cavalry or a handful of monsters and you're in business.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2018, 08:33:29 AM »
Warlord have started Pre-orders...
https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/warlords-of-erehwon

Though strangly while the starter bundle includes D10s it doesn't include Order Dice  ???

The army boxes mentioned on the store pre-order release don't seem to be available yet. I had a look at the skeleton pre-order and a little confusingly it says...

Skeleton warriors can be armed with swords or spears, others wield bows or crossbows, or ride skeletal steeds or chariots drawn by the same.

I assume the ones in the box can only have swords or spears but could definitely see it being a little confusing.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 08:39:07 AM by Lost Egg »