Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:29:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warlords of Erehwon, Warlords new fantasy game.  (Read 58035 times)

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
Re: Warlords of Erehwon, Warlords new fantasy game.
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2018, 11:38:04 AM »
That mini looks like what happens when you sneeze and don't have a tissue.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2018, 12:04:01 PM »
That mini looks like what happens when you sneeze and don't have a tissue.

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2018, 02:03:46 PM »
Really cool. The face is great.

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2018, 11:26:06 PM »
Sounds lot like Dragon Rampant regarding the number of models needed. You might even be able to use your DR army for Warlords with few to no modifications.

A couple of characters, a box of infantry and either a box of cavalry or a handful of monsters and you're in business.

Yes. I'm already not liking it.

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2018, 01:55:24 AM »
The free mini is nicely done...but a bit on the busy side? Anyone else think it would look better sans flames or is it just me?

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2018, 03:43:11 PM »
Yes. I'm already not liking it.

Enjoy not playing it! ;)

Offline katie

• Scientist
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2018, 01:17:44 PM »
Some of the Erin minis do look good but I can't say I like most of them though that may well be because of the paint jobs which do look a bit rough to my mind.

Erin miniatures vary widely.

The monsters are pretty good although some of them are rather game-setting-specific.

The Milesians, sadly, are a bit weak. Not only are there not many variants, they're small, the faces are indistinct and some of the poses look strange. A couple of the characters are nice exceptions -- I think they're Bob Olleys work. The chariot is quite a fun model.

The Sidhe are also Bob Olley sculpts and, although look a bit 'flat' compared to modern figures paint up really nicely and convert quite well too. Bit of ink work on the faces, washes on the flowing hair and they come out great. Certainly they turn into nice units. Mine are all wearing blue-toned clothing with blonde hair and shining armour. Cross between faeries and Vikings. If -- like me -- you like 'old school' figures, these are a good buy at the price.

The Fomorians are just *brilliant* -- my one and only complaint about them would be there aren't enough of them. They have characterful faces and lots of nice detail to pick out. I found the trick to handling the small number of variations to make Dragon Rampant units was to use many different shades of green amongst the skin-tones; add various reds and browns for the clothing, rusty armour/weapons and they look anciently evil. Some of the heroes are quite big (Norc, for example) and tower over 28mm humans in a suitably menacing way. Cross between Orcs and daemons.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2018, 01:35:18 PM »
This strikes the same note as 'Gates of Antares' for me; more of the same but somehow less so.

Not to slag the effort. It's decent and all, but not interesting or unique to cause me to invest in new figs/new game.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2018, 02:05:14 PM »
@Katie - Thanks...yeah from what I can tell online they are hit & miss as you say.

It's decent and all, but not interesting or unique to cause me to invest in new figs/new game.

Though they are re-releasing a couple of boxes of old WGF plastic minis Warlord have said that they aren't going to be supporting the game with a full range. This is really a rulebook only release for use with whatever minis you have.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Loop

• Assistant
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2018, 05:14:33 PM »
Erin miniatures vary widely.

The monsters are pretty good although some of them are rather game-setting-specific.

The Milesians, sadly, are a bit weak. Not only are there not many variants, they're small, the faces are indistinct and some of the poses look strange. A couple of the characters are nice exceptions -- I think they're Bob Olleys work. The chariot is quite a fun model.

The Sidhe are also Bob Olley sculpts and, although look a bit 'flat' compared to modern figures paint up really nicely and convert quite well too. Bit of ink work on the faces, washes on the flowing hair and they come out great. Certainly they turn into nice units. Mine are all wearing blue-toned clothing with blonde hair and shining armour. Cross between faeries and Vikings. If -- like me -- you like 'old school' figures, these are a good buy at the price.

The Fomorians are just *brilliant* -- my one and only complaint about them would be there aren't enough of them. They have characterful faces and lots of nice detail to pick out. I found the trick to handling the small number of variations to make Dragon Rampant units was to use many different shades of green amongst the skin-tones; add various reds and browns for the clothing, rusty armour/weapons and they look anciently evil. Some of the heroes are quite big (Norc, for example) and tower over 28mm humans in a suitably menacing way. Cross between Orcs and daemons.

I've fancied picking up some of the Sidhe figures for a while but especially so since I saw Makatishi's paint jobs: https://www.matakishi.net/sidhe.html

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2018, 07:08:44 PM »
They definitely look better with a good paint job.

Offline mellis1644

• Mad Scientist
    • Adventures in painting
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2018, 08:27:44 PM »
Anyone know if there is a point system in the rules for different forces? i.e. those not in the army lists.

It looks interesting but with the forces as specified it seems not that generic really...

My painting blog is at: http://mellis1644.wordpress.com/

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2018, 08:33:09 PM »
No idea. All thats been said is that the army lists included allow players to build armies that cover most bases. I can only assume there is flexibility within each of the lists mentioned.

Offline mellis1644

• Mad Scientist
    • Adventures in painting
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2018, 11:52:11 PM »
Those lists shown are very basic IMO and don't really cover all the GW Age of Sigmar forces at this point, unless they are VERY open definitions of armies...

So going to see when there are more details around this and not get excited at this point.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2018, 07:02:10 AM »
But wasn't part of the point of GW burning the old world and creating the AoS to move away from generic fantasy...