Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:49:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Message from Sabius  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
The Message from Sabius
« on: November 25, 2018, 06:52:05 AM »
I had suggested Sabius.  We had been there during the pacification.  House Valoi had been among seven knightly houses that had participated alongside the Emperor's Children in the campaign.

Four of those houses were from Sormanay. The Sabius campaign was one of the most heartbreaking that we had seen.  The planet was lush and the people were advanced.  But they were willful and independent.  So many on our side died when they released the mold.  Later the adeptus biologicus would tell us that the mold was native to Sabius.  It quickly spread and started growing on everything.  As it grew it released a poison.  At ground level the poison was invisible but it rose through and eventually created an impenetrable cloud cover over the world. 

It was the perfect place to try to get the message out.  The traitors would have to land.  They couldn't wipe us out from orbit.

We saw the drop ship fall through the clouds. It wouldn't be long.  None of us would be going home. Our tech-priests were improving the power grid to the communications building.  We just needed to give them the time to get the improvements in place. 

The Warhounds were the first things that came up on my long range 'spex. 

We formed up with a banner of House Arosous, some of the last nights from Sormanay after the Emperor's Children attacked and caught us completely by surprise.  We were determined to have our revenge.

We charged down the main boulevard towards the enemy, knights of house Malinax moved towards us and we met them in between the two lines. 

The fighting was brief and it was not long before most of the traitor knights were dispatched.  With few enemy left we moved away from them and towards the the closest of the enemy titans, a Warhound. 

We hacked away at the traitor until a the Sine Pace came up to support us and take on the traitor reaver that had just come up.  The two titans were battering each other at close range when the enemy warhound moved behind the Sine Pace.  We battered the Warhound some more until it was forced to back off, limping backwards and away from the fight. 

We then charged into the Reaver adding our efforts to that of the Sine Pace, ripping off armour. 

The two Warlords my auspex had picked up were now upon us.  I could feel the the heat from the twin volcano cannons as they slammed into the Sine Pace, molten metal came off of the titan like a flash flood.

https://i.imgur.com/unqZ7jn.jpg

It fell forward crashing into the traitor reaver before slamming to the ground immobile.

Over our heads more beams of pure heat smashed into the traitor Warlord.  Novae Nativitatis had come up to support us.  The power of the Warlords was just awesome and the enemy warlord rocked from the force of the two hits. 

It didn't stop it though and missiles fired out of the enemies carapace mounted launchers.  They flew over the Warlord and detonated behind him.  I hoped that the Enginseers had enough time to get the message out. 

I saw the other Warlord moving up the other boulevard.  We had nothing between it and the com building. 

Novae Nativitatis managed to land two more shots on the Warlord in front of us as we went tearing after the other Warlord.  That is when we saw that it was too late. 

The two volcano cannons fired.  It couldn't miss the building.  As the Warlord disappeared behind the building it fired again.  That is when the info arrays we were getting from the building stopped. 

The message had not got out. 

More pics here:

https://imgur.com/a/AQEKnH0

Offline Ragsta

• Scientist
Re: The Message from Sabius
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 10:47:52 PM »
Really cool report, a great way to do it!