Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:54:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: An try at a Christmas game  (Read 882 times)

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
An try at a Christmas game
« on: November 25, 2018, 03:24:32 PM »
Last week, in the middle of the night, somehow I got the idea of a christmas-themed game in my mind and I got really enthusiastic about it. We all know these cool people who do special christmas games at their gaming clubs or with their gaming pals. I want to be that cool too. So I'm currently looking for a way to make this happen with the least amount of work involved, because time for christmassy things is tight.

So far I mapped out some general ideas in my mind and started painting the Everqueen as an ice queen and two Maiden Guard figures as christmas elves.

I also experimented with 'wintering up' some houses and gathering ideas for a winter table. It's all a bit work in progress right now, but so far I'm pretty happy with things, and I got Cpt.Shandy and virago enthusiastic about the whole thing as well.

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: An try at a Christmas game
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 04:00:11 PM »
Looking good so far. Keep postin'!
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 04:38:37 PM »
ah, that's just fantastic, in all respects.

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 05:12:21 PM »
@Sterling Moose: Thanks, I'll see that I do. ;)

@Bloggard: :D Cheers.

Right, no news on the Dwarfs front (just painting a whole lotts flesh for now), so here's something to contrast Dwarves and pink flesh - the nasty troll who tries to steal christmas. For deception reasons he's wearing a badly made santa's hat and redid his loincloth.

I also neatened up the elves a bit. Here we see the christmas elves trying to set the troll's head straight.

I also put some snowy roofs on two more buildings. I ran out of Gale Force 9 snow, went to my LGS, they only had Army Painter snow and... well, I'm not impressed with AP's offering. I'll see that I get some more proper GF9 snow again.