Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:56:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Vixen (and her eventual adventures)  (Read 1895 times)

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
Pulp Vixen (and her eventual adventures)
« on: November 25, 2018, 05:54:42 PM »

Answering the call of high adventure!
Pulp Vixen (courtesy of Heroforge), ready to find lost temples, fantastic treasures and all that!

However a dashing photographer I am not, despite my efforts these are the best pictures I could get:

And another angle to show off the annoyingly smug smile she's got going on:  :D

Apparently the base looks dusty here whereas I can't spot anything on it with my bare eyes. Huh.  :?
Her eyes are green too, though they're rather impossible to get focus on.

Aaanyway, she's the beginning of my main league for Pulp Alley, the remaining members of which are still under consideration but should at least include her faithful butler.
For opposition, thus far there looks to be a treasonous Chinese general and his forces, a German secret society, a mad-ish scientist with his various experiments and finally sky pirates. Not going to be running out of opponents anytime soon.

Now I'll just need to get all that painted while also working on the scenery...  ;D
Hopefully I'll be updating this thread as work progresses!

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: Pulp Vixen (and her eventual adventures)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 07:06:00 PM »
I didn't realize Heroforge had come so far - that's a well-done mini. How much did that run you?

Paintwork seems good, in spite of the blurry photos (you need to have a camera with a macro mode of some sort to really take any decent pictures of minis).

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 10:17:44 PM »
Neat miniature!

You might try shooting from farther back than you intend, and crop the image down. The closer the figures are the harder it is to focus without a tripod and slow shutter speed or a macro setting.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 04:12:09 PM »
Hi Fiona,

I'm thinking along same lines, i.e. doing an Anthropomorphic Pulp Alley league using our 'Critter Conversion Kits', so really interested in any suggestions for miniatures to provide the body for mounting the heads and tails to. Plastic preferred for ease!

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline soldado

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 06:49:28 PM »
Chris

Maybe look at the Warloard (nee WGF) survivors sprues, plenty of weapon options and if you mix in some Bolt action weapons you can get a more pulp period feel.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 09:14:17 AM »
Thanks for that. That had been my initial thought, certainly for modern pulp.

I had already made this first character for my Pulp Alley League using a Warlord Games Apocalypse survivor body and arms and one of our Critter Conversion kits.

I am planning to make an evil league as soon as we get our Rat heads done using Frostgrave Cultist plastic bodies.

Critter Conversion Kits are from www.acp164.com

Offline lBigBadWolfl

• Student
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 03:39:35 PM »
Chris there are a good number of super cheap Heroclix figures out there that would work great for a pulp character base for conversion, I even posted a thread here a little while back with a few heroclix figures that I converted with some of your critter conversion heads and tails and have done a few more that I'll probably post in a few days.

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 04:55:46 PM »

Thank you for the comments, everyone. Particularly the advise on photographing.  :D
I'm afraid my only camera, if it can be called such, is the one on my cellphone (smartphone?) so I fear it's not going to get much better than this.

I didn't realize Heroforge had come so far - that's a well-done mini. How much did that run you?

What few minis I've ordered from them have been done with the "Premium Plastic" option that costs 29,99 USD (plus shipping but that's actually been only 5 dollars)
so quite expensive, but for those minis that you just can't seem to find anywhere else...
You do seem to be able to slap on as much gear as you want on your created mini without affecting the price, evidently you could even add a mount if you wanted.

I'm thinking along same lines, i.e. doing an Anthropomorphic Pulp Alley league using our 'Critter Conversion Kits', so really interested in any suggestions for miniatures to provide the body for mounting the heads and tails to. Plastic preferred for ease!

Well, I'm pretty much in the same boat here.  :D
The conversion kits were a definite life- or at least wallet-saver.
Alas, I don't know any manufacturer that'd make plastic pulp-era miniatures although as lBigBadWolfl mentions HeroClix (and the various Horror- and IndyClix) sets seem like they may contain figures of use.
I do know that Statuesque Miniatures makes a pulp weapons conversion set in metal but I've no idea how that scales with various manufacturers.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 05:43:19 PM »
Hi Fionna,

We stock the Pulp Weapons pack (and the rest of the statuesque pulp range). I've used it with a wide range of 28mm figures including the plastic Frostgrave Cultists and it works fine.

I have my Furry Pulp League assembled (lots of Otters), I am painting at the moment, I have used a lot of our own (Sally 4th) Classic Movie Miniatures and added our Critter Conversion heads. It's a lot of fun!