Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:37:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686536
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Wagon Train  (Read 1336 times)

Offline kingsmt

• Mad Scientist
Wagon Train
« on: November 26, 2018, 06:46:11 AM »
Had some fun with my toys today. Here's a small Wagon Train set up. The big leafy, tree is a Britains tree. The yellow wagon with the red top are both CTS. Both were repainted by me.

The ox drawn wagon came from a cheap "Westward Ho" playset, that included the original Marx wagon recast. You won't find this color wagon or top anywhere else. These were released without the owners permission and disappeared quickly. It has not been repainted.

The two wagon drivers are conversions, made with original, color matched, Marx parts.The bare tree, rock, animals and several figures are all Marx.

The mounted Cowboy, all the women and children and the boy with the whip, are all Larry Patterson figures that I've repainted with new colors.

I had a lot of fun setting this up and it reminded me why I enjoy this hobby so much.

Offline zippyfusenet

• Scientist
Re: Wagon Train
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 02:43:15 AM »
You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 03:41:58 PM »
Absolutely love it...
proper Cowboy toys!!!

:-*
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 04:55:47 AM »
Just a poor kid from a poor family...but it never really mattered...to me.

It was Airfix and Legos and sometimes Tonka trucks (way out of scale).  I have a nostalgia buy of the wagon train set release by Hatt (I think) somewhere.

This reminds me of those days half a century ago either in the dirt in the back yard or the blankets on a bed on Saturday mornings with many an adventure and sometimes a big fight.  And at this late date no one can explain why Tarzan mixed it up with the Old West during World War Whatever It Was.  Imagination can sure fill in a lot of stuff.

Offline kingsmt

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 08:10:59 AM »
Right you are, 15. I love my serious 28 mm collection.
But there is just something that brings you back in time, when you pull out plastic toy soldiers.

We all had them as kids. And when I set something like this up, I'm a kid again!

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 08:47:58 AM »
Lovely old stuff...
True nostalgia...
Thank you for sharing!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi