Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:00:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hexagonal Gladiator Arena?  (Read 684 times)

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
Hexagonal Gladiator Arena?
« on: November 28, 2018, 03:21:08 PM »
All,
      I am asking this august group for opinions.  I have a plastic frame that would otherwise be trash.  It is 12 inches from point to point, 10 inches side to side.  It is a Hexagon, it occurred to me that this would make a very neat Gladiator arena, though I don't believe one ever existed that was hexagonal.  What do you all think?

Nick

Offline rumacara

• Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
Re: Hexagonal Gladiator Arena?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 04:00:40 PM »
Nick, if it suits your set(s) of rules why not?  :)

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 04:21:01 PM »
Rui,
      My concern is that it may be completely unrealistic.  It will work with whatever rules I decide to use.  I made a sandy surface, and then made up three, clear plastic templates.  One has 1 inch hexes for Munera Sine Missione, the other two have the appropriate movement spaces for Blood, Sweat and Cheers, and also for Red Sand, Blue Sky.

Online Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 04:33:01 PM »
Arenas and amphitheaters came in all different sizes and shapes.  There are probably many that were many that no longer exist or have not yet been discovered.  Therefore, you are free to use any shape or style you wish.     

IIRC, many early Gladiator bouts took place in a person's home, at grave sites, and in the forum.  So, you can have all sorts of weird places to have a fight. 
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline rumacara

• Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 04:41:51 PM »
Arenas and amphitheaters came in all different sizes and shapes.  There are probably many that were many that no longer exist or have not yet been discovered.  Therefore, you are free to use any shape or style you wish.     

IIRC, many early Gladiator bouts took place in a person's home, at grave sites, and in the forum.  So, you can have all sorts of weird places to have a fight.

This. ;)

Even if so far nobody discovered that format its like Easy E says. You can always put that as a square in some place where the gladiators fight and it wont be "historically wrong".
Also some columns on the corners would disguise the format.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 04:43:48 PM by rumacara »