Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:29:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690652
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Bolt Action Star Wars Conversion Rules  (Read 2109 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Bolt Action Star Wars Conversion Rules
« on: November 30, 2018, 09:18:28 AM »
I thought someone had metioned using Bolt Action for Star Wars here recently, but don't see anything obvious.

Jay's Wargaming Madness blog posted some stuff the other day - link - that may be of interest to folks here.

I have no affiliation with the blog, just noticed it popping into my RSS feed. Apologies if this is already being discussed somewhere.

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
Re: Bolt Action Star Wars Conversion Rules
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 04:59:21 PM »
I have to say, the best Star Wars rules conversion I've seen is using the Frostgrave rules - the wizards as Sith/Jedi.......I think they all had a spell as standard to represent the saber, don't ask which as I don't know......the apprentice as a, well apprentice, and the general troops and weapons rebadged to a more universe appropriate title.

If I liked Star Wars (I'm not a fan generally), I'd have been all over that as it looked very very well done.

Offline draxx66

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 01:31:09 PM »
Strangely that's what we tried out at the club this week, Bolt action Star Wars, one of the members has a pile of the plastic pre-painted figures and was keen to try it.

The game worked OK it just a case of figuring out weapon ranges, abilities and special rules for the unique things for the Star Wars settings.

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 03:54:20 PM »
Interesting that you mention using Bolt Action with Star Wars.

I was thinking exactly the same thing!

Fantasy Flights figures for Legion are very nice but I am not 100% sold on the rules.

Bolt Action seems to offer a very good framework  :)
'The German today is like the June Bride; he knows he is going to get it, but he doesn't know how big it is going to be.' - Gen. Richard "Windy" Gale, 6th Airborne Division Commander

Offline AdmiralAndy

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 06:08:14 PM »
For anyone looking at adapting BA for SW, you want to get the Konflict 47 version of the rules. Has Rules for Walkers, Troops in Armour, Robots and enhanced humans with special rules that could work for wookies and aliens.

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 12:59:14 PM »
For anyone looking at adapting BA for SW, you want to get the Konflict 47 version of the rules. Has Rules for Walkers, Troops in Armour, Robots and enhanced humans with special rules that could work for wookies and aliens.

Great point.