Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:33:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686599
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Chaos Army  (Read 2277 times)

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Chaos Army
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2018, 12:28:55 PM »
I agree, they look good (and unique). I like how you've made them turn out.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
Re: Chaos Army
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2018, 02:53:40 PM »
Kitsune?
He is more machine than man now......
 ;)

That is bloody impressive, mate.
They look great, especially liking the weathered look of the marines in the pre-Heresy colours (  ;) I did read the blog  :) ), much better than just another bunch of green fat blokes covered in too much tat.
 8) 8)

I am with you with the 40k thoughts: The whole ethos of the game now is beyond me but I love the background as I remember it (not the 'Girlyman woke up and said 'lets build bigger marines' thing'!) and have read all of the Horus Heresy novels and particularly the whole Inquisition series, just dont 'get' the way that the game itself has evolved.
It aint for me.
We will have to work out something to get a game in together some time.

Theres certain elements of the background that I do like - Inquisiton and Chaos, mainly. I could easily do without the dogma that 40K brings though, which is slightly too strongly applied for my liking.............so I just ignore all of that really. Its a big universe. Primarchs in standard games can do one though.

We'll have to see about a game though, yeah. Can you get over to Wandsworth one weekend? Get the big table out and have at it!

As for the more machine than man..................I've painted around 850 minis this year. I think I've earned the machine tag! Still a massive pile of unpainted stuff kicking about though. Funny, that.

I agree, they look good (and unique). I like how you've made them turn out.

Thanks very much. I wanted everything looking a bit grubby and worn. Not just because Nurgle, but as a general approach to the painting itself. Tidy, but not tidy..........if that makes sense.