Forum > Workbench

Trees for an Endor Game(first 2 bases complete 8/12/18)

(1/8) > >>

Andym:
I’m trying to make up some trees to help out in my brothers Imperial Assault game...

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=94756.0

Ive seen a few threads kicking about about making big trees and I though I’d try myself.

I’ve decided to do two main types of trees. One will be large pine trees made from dowel that’ll be full trees, the others will be thicker, made from any kind of card board tube and I’ll only take them to the same height as the pines. This means the tops won’t be built.

The large pines are made with a 12” piece of pine dowel. I’ve drilled 3.5mm holes all the way up at random intervals. I’m using lengths of steel wire pushed through these holes and twisted to look like branches. The whole thing is then covered in PVA, then sawdust, then watered downed PVA sprayed on once it’s all dry to ‘seal’ the sawdust on. I then used sandy coloured long static and glued that on with PVA glue. I did this in a couple of layers. I used watered down PVA, sprayed on top of the last layer of static grass to build up the mass of the tree. The whole thing is (once fully dried) was sprayed black and painted. Long green static grass was then used as a last layer to look like pine needles.

The big trunks were capped at the top with light card then glued to a hardboard base. I then used a hot glue gun to give me the first layer of texture and roots. I also glued any pieces of spare wooden rod I had at the bottom of the trees to blue them out toward the base and hide the shape of the tube. Once this was all dry, I used ripped up tissue paper, stuck it on and painted PVA over the top of it. The trick here was to make sure no straight edges of the tissue were still left viable. This was done by pushing the tissue about with a big brush. Once that was all dried I hot glued some steel wire branches at various places ripped up some green scrubbing sponge to fill out the branches and used the same technique for the pine needles on the smaller trees.

Still got a lot of trees to make up!....... o_o o_o o_o

OSHIROmodels:
Cracking stuff mate  8)

Makes me want to re-visit mine and titivate them  lol

Michi:
That is a precise tutorial, thank you very much!

Malamute:
They look ace! ;D

Westfalia Chris:
Can't see the wood for the trees yet, but you don't do things by half, that's for sure.  :o

Also, I shudder to think of the woodchuck that would chuck that wood. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version