Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:17:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690716
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 839
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: TYW Arquebusier Unit  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
TYW Arquebusier Unit
« on: November 30, 2018, 02:52:36 PM »

I thought that some of you might be interested in these figures - the first instalment of a TYW arquebusier unit. These riders are a mix of TAG and Warlord, some of them conversions (and later on there will be Foundry riders too). The Warlord riders have all had head swaps, because I didn't like the facial expressions on the original Warlord heads. The horses are Calpe. The figures are all painted by Andrew Taylor who also took the photos. 

Offline Andrei1975

• Scientist
  • Пыль шагающих сапог
Re: TYW Arquebusier Unit
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 03:05:27 PM »
They are superb!

Offline Mad Gadgeteer

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 03:15:37 PM »
Really nice...

The only ECW/TYW minis I have are WGs.  I'd like to find enough cavalry heads wearing the burgonet helmet so I could build a unit of the "Lacey's Troop" from "By the Sword Divided".

Unfortunately WG doesn't have a unit with a bunch of these helmets nor a pack of them.

"May the dice of your God's roll like the breasts of your favorite concubine."  Graeme "Henry" Henderson, Dumfries c1980

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 03:40:17 PM »
Excellent quality.   :)

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 04:33:17 PM »
Mad Gadgeteer: at the moment, the only spare ECW heads I'm aware of in cavalry helmets are Redoubt's. Although Bicorne make spare ECW heads, they don't make any in cavalry helmets and they have no plans to do so. Steve Barber also makes spare heads. He doesn't make any in cavalry helmets yet but he plans to do so when he releases cavalry figures as his range develops. 

Offline Mad Gadgeteer

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 04:50:51 PM »
Mad Gadgeteer: at the moment, the only spare ECW heads I'm aware of in cavalry helmets are Redoubt's. Although Bicorne make spare ECW heads, they don't make any in cavalry helmets and they have no plans to do so. Steve Barber also makes spare heads. He doesn't make any in cavalry helmets yet but he plans to do so when he releases cavalry figures as his range develops.

Isn't Redoubt's minis bigger than WG's?  I'll go take a look. Thanks!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 04:51:39 PM »
They look fabulous  :-*

Offline Mad Gadgeteer

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 05:00:47 PM »

Well...just took a look at Redoubt. They only show a single pack with drawings - ECWHO1. You can choose either "hard" or "soft" but the description says they send a random mix.  Other than that there are no depictions, just descriptions such as "Medium/heavy cavalry heads".

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 05:27:39 PM »
I bought some Redoubt heads a while ago, and a few are used on the riders in Andrew's photos. I can't remember now precisely what I bought and I've sent them on to the sculptor, so I can't check, but I think that most, if not all, came in helmets. I remember that some were in 3-barred helmets which are of no use for the TYW, but would be fine for the ECW. To be honest, I prefer Bicorne's and Steve Barber's heads but, as I said, only Redoubt makes heads in cavalry helmets at the moment. The Redoubt heads aren't too bad. They're not overly large. In my opinion some suffer from being a bit narrow, but most are fine. 

Offline Mad Gadgeteer

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 05:42:39 PM »
I bought some Redoubt heads a while ago, and a few are used on the riders in Andrew's photos. I can't remember now precisely what I bought and I've sent them on to the sculptor, so I can't check, but I think that most, if not all, came in helmets. I remember that some were in 3-barred helmets which are of no use for the TYW, but would be fine for the ECW. To be honest, I prefer Bicorne's and Steve Barber's heads but, as I said, only Redoubt makes heads in cavalry helmets at the moment. The Redoubt heads aren't too bad. They're not overly large. In my opinion some suffer from being a bit narrow, but most are fine.

Thanks!

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 08:09:26 PM »
Excellent !  Bags of character in that unit.

Offline nonsuch

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 09:11:23 PM »
Lovely painted minis, but Dont buy from Redoubt at the moment, i and many others have not recieved any orders for many months! No reply to emails either. I am in paypal dispute to get my money back.

Offline DonFabrizio

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 12:37:29 PM »
Fantastic work!
Regarding spare heads, too me it seems that serval of the Steve Barber helmeted heads are suitable for cavalry:
https://www.stevebarbermodels.com/28mm-thirty-years-war/650-28mm-thirty-years-war-heads-wearing-helmets-.html

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2018, 02:20:25 PM »
DonFabrizio: yes, I think you are right about the Steve Barber heads. There are a few there which would be suitable for cavalry.

Offline Anderson Collection

• Mad Scientist
    • The Anderson Collection
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2018, 04:12:48 PM »
Quite a collection Paul top work again.