Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:03:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Rule book postage /wrapping help  (Read 979 times)

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
Rule book postage /wrapping help
« on: December 03, 2018, 10:18:29 PM »
Wanting to tap the hive mind on rule book , I have some biggish rule book I am wanting to sell and I am stumped on how I would post them out,
I haven’t found Jiffy bags big enough yet , I’m thinking of trying the post office but I am trying to keep the cost down to keep prices down so stuff sells but also wanting to get some money back . I am talking frostgrave and Wargames foundry god of battle size? My mum suggested wrapping them in bubble wrap and then brown paper but I’m not sure that would be sturdy enough. I live rurally an the local market town shops don’t seem to sell anything .

Offline Emir of Askaristan

• Mastermind
    • My Blog
Re: Rule book postage /wrapping help
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 11:24:47 PM »
Bubble wrap and brown paper works fine. If you're worried use plenty tape or wrap the whole lot in a black bag and tape that up. Brown parcel tape works best.

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 11:45:19 PM »
Some stiff card/ cardboard slightly larger than the book itself. Bubble wrap book underneath. At least that's how stuff was sent to me and it was fine.
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 07:20:32 AM »
Thankyou , I have brown tape 👍

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 10:57:28 AM »
Some stiff card/ cardboard slightly larger than the book itself. Bubble wrap book underneath. At least that's how stuff was sent to me and it was fine.

Agreed, bubble wrap the book then make a close fitting cardboard outer by cutting down a large supermarket cardboard box and stick with a hot glue gun. Best protection and minimum/size weight.

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 11:07:18 AM »
Just re-use one of the jiffy bags that all your wargame rules arrived in. We've all got a bagful of these sitting in a cupboard.  ;)

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 07:20:34 PM »
Just re-use one of the jiffy bags that all your wargame rules arrived in. We've all got a bagful of these sitting in a cupboard.  ;)
Threw them away like a fool but it was couple year ago  lol