Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:24:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689605
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Canvas Sheets for table top?  (Read 922 times)

Offline Calnala

• Student
Canvas Sheets for table top?
« on: December 04, 2018, 03:23:11 PM »
I recently saw some 1 foot x 1 foot canvas sheets.  Has anyone ever used them to make a board?  I am thinking they could work nicely as tiles that can be rearranged nicely.  I am looking for input or advice before I buy a pack and give them a try.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: Canvas Sheets for table top?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 05:59:50 PM »
Are these the artists boards?  If so be careful of the measurements as the "less expensive" ones are not exact sizes or exact squares.  I have read blog and forum posts about sets of these things not matching up properly when re-arranged.

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 11:29:58 PM »
I have seen the artist boards suggested multiple times but never actually done so I would be interested in anything you came up with.  I did use canvas drop cloths to make all of my terrain mats.  If you youtube canvas terrain mats diy you will come up with several tutorials.  Might give you some ideas of how to texture your boards.  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. 
Snitchy sends.   
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 03:05:04 AM »
I've used artist's canvas for my terrain mats painted with house painting acrylics (eight colors on my main land mat).  Not really sure what a canvas sheet is that small.  I'd recommend forgoing the sheets and move up to a drop cloth.  You can paint them in different ways for different battles and while I've not tried it, you can probably paint over the first coats to get entirely new mats - at least until the paint gets too thick to keep going.   

That size, if loose sheets of canvas, will be a major league pain, I'm thinking.  Probably meant for stretching over small frames for 'real' painting.

Offline Calnala

• Student
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 04:13:20 PM »
Thanks for the thoughts. I will go back to the store and compare the drop cloth to the canvas sheets.