Forum > The Great War

Good poses and missing units for 1914

(1/12) > >>

Gribb:
Commissioning miniatures from time to time its interesting to hear input not only on uniform information but also poses(highly appreciated).
With a lot of different pose out there, it made me ponder which poses are most popular with gamers/collectors(28mm scale).
Is it Charging, Advancing slowly, prone, Running with rifle at trail, Skirmishing?etc Taking cover? etc.

Any sort of poses or units you miss that are not done?

Looking forward to hear Your opinions. Thank you.

pancakeonions:
I bet gamers would be more keen on things like men firing, manning the machine guns, charging, running...

While collectors might be more interested in casualties, men taking cover, men cowering...  Given what a bloody awful mess that war was.

Curious to hear others' thoughts

Gribb:
Yes, that makes sense. But I do think adding some casualties, men taking cover and such livens up the gaming table among more standard figures. It adds more character. Your input is appreaciated. Thank you.

As for gamers liking firing poses.
What about prone British infantry? I typically envision them on the defence pouring fire into the German masses:

Or would there be more interest in standing/kneeling firing poses for the British?

Besides charging it seems for running infantry it would seem most sense to carry the rifle at the trail:

Look forward to hear more opinions :)

waterproof:
Since I'm more collectors than players, I first find all poses interesting.
As a potential player, I like poses similar to those of Mutton Chops (Paul Hicks). Firing and advancing. Racing and lying on the ground firing I find then on the gaming table not so exciting.
It is a pity the Great War Miniatures has agreed on a few repetitive poses. The British except, there are very beautiful characterful minis. But the French and Belgians are a bit bored, unfortunately.
 like small scenes like a radio station or a telecommunication department with telephone or pigeons. A field kitchen (gulasch kanone) is definitely an eyecatcher, though pointless for the game. ;)

monk2002uk:
Carrying the rifle at the trail was a feature of bounding, rather than charging. The latter was associated with fixed bayonets, with the rifle held appropriately. Bounding was the process of moving to a new firing position or from one position to another as part of 'fire and manoeuvre'. Still a useful pose from a modelling perspective.

Robert

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version