Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:39:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: ECW Game Using Carnage and Glory II  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
ECW Game Using Carnage and Glory II
« on: December 10, 2018, 06:50:37 AM »
For those that don't know Carnage and Glory are a computer moderated rule system. My first experience with them here on my blog.

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: ECW Game Using Carnage and Glory II
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 12:32:02 PM »
Nice write up and good looking game.

I always try to play at least 2 C&G games when I go to Historicon as it is a much different way of gaming, no rolling dice but you do have to consider how much fatigue you are putting your troops through. 
Wargamers do it on a table.
YNWA - It is not a badge, it is a family crest
Montreal Historical Wargaming Club

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 08:46:59 PM »
Thanks Mindenbrush.

I like the way C&G works, I am just a little uncertain about how consistent the odd results were in our game.

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 01:05:29 PM »
I think C&G does give an overall correct feel to the game even when things do not go your way when you expect them to.

I can think of a number of other rulesets where "lucky" or "unlucky" die rolls have lead to events that should in theory never happen given the situation and conditions.

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 03:42:07 AM »
I think C&G does give an overall correct feel to the game even when things do not go your way when you expect them to.
I would agree with that. I would definitely like to try them again a few more times and see what happens.
I can think of a number of other rulesets where "lucky" or "unlucky" die rolls have lead to events that should in theory never happen given the situation and conditions.
Absolutely, remote but possible outcomes should be accounted for.  However, what we ended up with was a charging cavalry routed in every instance (except when the target was Dragoons) and the pursuers chasing them and routing other units they came into contact with in all but one case.  Also, enfilade fire seemed rather ineffective but it only came up twice in the game so not much to go on there.