Forum > Pulp

Pulp Alley: Vice Alley campaign set in the Old West

(1/4) > >>

Chris Abbey:
Doug and I had not played Pulp Alley for several months so are really looking forward to getting started with a new campaign and some regular Pulp Alley action. We are looking to play through the Vice Alley campaign again but this time rather than setting it in 1920's Chicago, to use 'The Old West' as a theme.

As we had not played for a while, and wanted to try out some new leagues we decided to start of with a stand alone game to get back into the swing of things.

I've added a photo report to my hobby blog @

http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Pulp-Alley-Old-West

Arundel:
Looks like a lot of fun, Chris. I especially like the idea of having moving perilous areas. May have to steal that one! Looking forward to seeing further updates of your adventures.

Daryl

Marine0846:
Great story.
I have been thinking of using Pulp Alley for a Western game.
Seems like a perfect fit.
I have a ton of Western stuff.
Time to get it out after the Holidays and have a go.

Chris Abbey:
Yes, we started using moving perilous areas for zombie hoards in Pulp Alley, it is an easy mechanism that adds a nice touch of uncertainty and drama to the game. You can find something to use in most genres (policemen patrolling, loose horses, guard dogs etc). We roll a D6 for distance and a D8 for direction and use the D8 face as an arrow pointer. Simple, but effective.

Arundel:
Lovely. I'll definitely be putting that idea into some of my own games!   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version