Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:12:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686620
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A Saga question: warlord abilities  (Read 858 times)

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
A Saga question: warlord abilities
« on: December 10, 2018, 06:46:32 PM »
My son and I played our second game of Saga yesterday, reacquainting ourselves with the rules to do so. We played our first game back in the autumn when I bought the rules and Viking sourcebook, but it's all been D&D since then, so we were a bit rusty.

One thing struck me as I assembled the two forces: do 'generic' warlords in the Age of Vikings book get the abilities that warlords have in the basic rules (Resilience, Bodyguards, etc.)? If not, they seem next to useless (no resilience!). But if they do, it's curious that all the basic profiles have a dash under 'Special Rules' - while all the named characters (who cost extra points) get their various abilities in that column.

We played it with the warlord having the abilities in the core rulebook, but what's the general take? Any thoughts much appreciated!

Offline Randell

• Bookworm
Re: A Saga question: warlord abilities
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 07:26:40 PM »
Yes, they do.  The reason legendary warlords abilities are listed is that they don't always have all the generic abilities as well as unique abilities of their own.

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 08:45:57 PM »
Thanks! Good to know we were doing it right.

It's a very odd decision not to have the generic abilities listed in the various sections - especially as things like Mount: Horse are included.

Great game, though!

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 04:09:27 PM »
Yeah, we found that a bit odd as well. It really makes sense to include that snippet of rules with the army lists.

As it is, it's not even somewhere clear.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus