Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:02:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Setting the East Ablaze question  (Read 1302 times)

Offline icedcanid

• Assistant
    • Frostys Kennel
Setting the East Ablaze question
« on: December 13, 2018, 04:16:16 AM »
Only playing our second game we are not sure how to play when you need more than a 6 to hit.

If I m firing a hmg at long range at a target (also a hmg) in hard cover, then I need 7 to hit. Normally I would roll 6 dice but because I need 7 to hit do I:-

Roll my 6 dice with 2x6s being a hit?
Roll 6 pairs of dice with a double 6 being a hit?

Thanks in advance. Probably more questions to come.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:54:10 AM by icedcanid »

Offline Sir Rodney Ffing

• Scientist
Re: Setting the East Ablaze question
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 09:01:16 AM »
Pretty sure this is covered in the rules, but I don't have them with me to confirm or give page number.

From memory, if the base score was 7 you will re-roll any 6s you get needing 4,5 or 6 to get a hit.  Same procedure if you needed an 8, but the second roll (of any 6s) would have to be a 5 or 6 etc.  Try as hard as you like, you won't manage any kills if the original to hit number was a 10  :D

Offline icedcanid

• Assistant
    • Frostys Kennel
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 09:08:10 AM »
Its there but we were just a wee bit confused with how it is presented in the rules.

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 08:14:07 PM »
Pretty sure this is covered in the rules, but I don't have them with me to confirm or give page number.

From memory, if the base score was 7 you will re-roll any 6s you get needing 4,5 or 6 to get a hit.  Same procedure if you needed an 8, but the second roll (of any 6s) would have to be a 5 or 6 etc.  Try as hard as you like, you won't manage any kills if the original to hit number was a 10  :D

Sir Rodney is spot on
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.