Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:54:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690533
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Das Boot Sky uk?  (Read 5652 times)

Online DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: Das Boot Sky uk?
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2019, 06:40:38 AM »

Sorry, rambling on a bit, as is my wont. Incidentally, for the British GLAM veterans, and speaking of Herbert Grönemeyer: He did a song called "Currywurst!"  lol

When I was a student I used to eat my curry wurst in Grönemeyer‘s favorites restaurant :)

Was looking very much forward to the Das Boot series and maybe will have a look at it for the fun, but from what I read here it would have been better if they had given it another name.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2019, 10:00:43 AM »
Just to explain, some of the British LAFers who went to Germany for a meet-up in 2010 developed a taste for, and something of an obsession about Currywurst. It became quite the "thing" for a short while.  :)

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2019, 01:56:07 PM »
It’s still a thing Dylan - Nick and I periodically meet up for currywurst and chips lol

We also went on a real U-boat at the Labour memorial...

Online DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2019, 03:16:41 PM »
Just to explain, some of the British LAFers who went to Germany for a meet-up in 2010 developed a taste for, and something of an obsession about Currywurst. It became quite the "thing" for a short while.  :)

It’s still a thing Dylan - Nick and I periodically meet up for currywurst and chips lol

We also went on a real U-boat at the Labour memorial...

Give me a call, when you make the next currywurstventure! I’m a well known currywurstologist in the German lands and have studied many great places in the east and west where it is sold!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2019, 09:47:30 PM »
That should have been Laboe... predictive text... meh  ::)

Give me a call, when you make the next currywurstventure! I’m a well known currywurstologist in the German lands and have studied many great places in the east and west where it is sold!

Florian, you’re on! I’m due a family trip to Berlin some time this year, so I’ll let you know  ;)

Online DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2019, 09:58:44 PM »
That should have been Laboe... predictive text... meh  ::)

Florian, you’re on! I’m due a family trip to Berlin some time this year, so I’ll let you know  ;)

Sadly i don’t live in Berlin anymore, dear Captain, having found a job near my wife finally. I now reside in the little British kingdom of Hanover (where I work as a museum curator), but maybe we can also plan a trip to Berlin next year. My wife really misses the big city...and at the moment we are very much bound to our home since our daughter was born this January.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2019, 10:04:29 PM »
Sadly i don’t live in Berlin anymore, dear Captain, having found a job near my wife finally. I now reside in the little British kingdom of Hanover (where I work as a museum curator), but maybe we can also plan a trip to Berlin next year. My wife really misses the big city...and at the moment we are very much bound to our home since our daughter was born this January.

Well that’s nice :)
I think you’ll find we are the little British kingdom of Hanover on this side of the North Sea... 300 years a proud German monarchy...  lol

Online DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2019, 08:47:55 AM »
Well that’s nice :)
I think you’ll find we are the little British kingdom of Hanover on this side of the North Sea... 300 years a proud German monarchy...  lol

Yes, and my current home only broke off, when Victoria became queen...that was only possible in the British part. Really crazy to think about how different European history might have been if northwestern Germany hadn’t joined the Prussians...maybe our little wargaming hobby wouldn’t have its spiritual centre in Nottingham, but on the continent? ??? lol

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2019, 09:56:28 AM »
I’m a well known currywurstologist in the German lands and have studied many great places in the east and west where it is sold!

If that is true you have to travel to Bavaria to try 180cm of Currywurst laid out in Brezel-shape and served with two mountains of French fries on a wooden plank in the Gasthaus Alpenrose in Eisenärzt near Ruhpolding. You won't talk about any other afterwards...  :D

PS: Don't forget to order "ATOMIC HOT" sauce.

Online DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2019, 11:34:24 AM »
If that is true you have to travel to Bavaria to try 180cm of Currywurst laid out in Brezel-shape and served with two mountains of French fries on a wooden plank in the Gasthaus Alpenrose in Eisenärzt near Ruhpolding. You won't talk about any other afterwards...  :D

PS: Don't forget to order "ATOMIC HOT" sauce.

Lol...180cm of Currywurst? I must say I’m more of a puritan when it comes to currywurst, but maybe that’s something we should try as a LAF expedition.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2019, 12:54:32 PM »
Lol...180cm of Currywurst? I must say I’m more of a puritan when it comes to currywurst, but maybe that’s something we should try as a LAF expedition.

You should be four male gamers or up to six persons to manage the consumption, I admit. At least if you want to eat all of the chips too.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2019, 01:44:53 PM »
Godammit. I was in Salzburg and Berchtesgaden in October. If only I’d known, I could have paid a visit. Ruhpolding is only just up the road...  >:D