Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:54:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Churchill's Secret Army - The Auxiliaries and Special Duty Units  (Read 675 times)

Offline carojon

• Mastermind
    • JJ's Wargames
Churchill's Secret Army - The Auxiliaries and Special Duty Units
« on: December 15, 2018, 09:55:37 AM »
Elite raiding forces played a significant role in Britain's military capability during WWII and much has been written recording the exploits of units such as the SAS, Commandos and others.

However due to the secrecy of their setting up and the role they were designed to play should Britain have been invaded in WWII the role of the stay-behind forces known as the Auxiliaries and Special Duty Units has had a lot less coverage and much still needs to be done to learn more about these units dotted around Britain ready to form the core of early resistance to a German invasion.

I was fortunate to hear a presentation by CART (Coleshill Auxiliary Research Team) covering the activities of one of these patrols set to operate in my home part of East Devon and have put together a post recording the talk and inviting people who might know more about patrols operating in their area to get in contact with the team.

If you would like to know more then follow the link to JJ's

https://jjwargames.blogspot.com/2018/12/churchills-secret-army-auxiliary-and.html

Jonathan (JJ)
Often it is better to remain silent and let people think you are stupid than to open your mouth and remove all possible doubt.

http://jjwargames.blogspot.co.uk

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
Re: Churchill's Secret Army - The Auxiliaries and Special Duty Units
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 12:07:58 PM »
It’s a great subject and something that I am working on myself.

28mm being my chosen scale I am scrounging around for figures that suit.

Will post up some efforts soon. 👍