Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:40:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690693
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 1009
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Nemesis: the board game review  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Nemesis: the board game review
« on: December 16, 2018, 07:59:43 PM »
If you have watched "Alien" then "Nemesis" will be a very familiar setting for you. In this 1-5 player game, the characters wake up from their cryo-sleep as their ship "Nemesis" stops due to an emergency. One of the crew is dead, and the rest of you try to figure out what's going on.

The engines sound weird, the interior in many rooms has been smashed, the auto-pilot has been messed with and strange sounds come from ventilation shafts. You need to fix the ship, make sure it is still heading for earth and hurry back into your cryo-pods before the ship settings initiate the next hyper jump.

You all work together to solve the problem. Well not really. Everyone have secret objectives, one of them is personal the other being orders from the corporation that employed you to this ship. As the game progresses all of you begin to realize what everyone else is up to. And it is not your survival they have in mind! Also, quite soon you will also turn a corner and stumble upon one of the intruders, (aliens), that killed your friend in the cryo-chamber.

Nemesis is (mainly) a semi co-operative game where each player controls one unique crew member with a unique set of skills and starting gear. When I say mainly it's because the game comes with the option to play it both as a single player experience, and as a pure co-op variant.

Check the full review and lots of pictures of the components and painted up crew and aliens over at my blog:

http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.com/2018/12/nemesis-board-game-review.html

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Nemesis: the board game review
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 02:34:50 PM »
Excellent review.
I am waiting for my KS to show up.
"Aliens" is my favorite SF movie.
So this is a game I will enjoy.
Thanks for the write up.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 11:47:26 AM »
I can't emphasise enough just how great this game is. Playing it was one of the most tense gaming experiences of my life.  8)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 05:48:06 PM »
It is really good. I'm happy I made a late pledge, I was not convinced by the hype but had some cash burning a hole in my pocket so I took a chance and it worked out well  :)