Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:49:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Polish Lancers 1919  (Read 5854 times)

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
Re: Polish Lancers 1919
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2018, 03:40:36 PM »
Well, we will consider this question to require additional research.

Offline Mark Plant

• Mad Scientist
    • Pygmy Wars : Russian Civil War and Related Stuff
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2018, 05:17:29 AM »
Indeed.

Merry Christmas! Although I assume you use the the Orthodox calendar and it's still a couple of weeks yet.

Offline ts

• Scientist
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2018, 02:15:42 PM »
Here is part of a picture, painted by a M. Bylina, a well known painter, showing, what could be a Taczanka.
The quality is awful, but so is the original in the book "Ksiega  Jazdy Polskiej" (1938) also.

Offline Mark Plant

• Mad Scientist
    • Pygmy Wars : Russian Civil War and Related Stuff
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2018, 07:12:39 PM »
An image search on the title pulls up a nicer copy of the picture, for me at least. "Bitwa pod Komarowem" (Battle of Komarow).

Also lots of nice pictures of re-enactors and some movie scenes.

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2018, 10:27:46 AM »
Indeed.

Merry Christmas! Although I assume you use the the Orthodox calendar and it's still a couple of weeks yet.

I also congratulate everyone on Merry Christmas!

We have many Poles and Germans living in Altai, a lot of mixed families. That's why many of us celebrate Christmas twice  :)

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2018, 03:29:34 PM »
Actually, it would be the Warlord cart that would bother me, if I was going to be bothered. It's clearly one of the later Soviet purpose built ones, rather than a commandeered civilian carriage.

I've seen the Eureka one in among 28mm and it didn't bother me. Sure, it was too small if you got to study it beside cavalry, but it did at least make for a less bulky item (and at least in that game it spent its time far enough away from other figures anyway).

But then I use an N scale train with 15mm figures, because I worry more about footprint than staying in scale.

I agree.  here's a pic of the Eureka Tchankas alongside Copplestone cavalry.  Work absolutely fine imho
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline Sparrow

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2018, 07:16:50 AM »
Hi

Concur with Ignatieff - my Eureka Tchanka sits alongside my Copplestone cavalry and looks ok. With hindsight the only thing that looks a little undescale are the Eureka horses pulling it but, on the tabletop, it really doesn’t show.

Hope that helps.
Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry!

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2018, 11:52:35 AM »
Thanks guys, this really did turn into a great discussion I appreciate it. I painted and based the Eureka model but just couldnt live with the scale difference, especially the horses,  suppose I could have changed them for larger ones.

I am tempted by the Warlord Tchanka (Love all the diferent spellings, lets not have a debate about which one is correct) if I need to do a bit of sculpting to make it righ then so be it. I may pick one up at the York show.
+
My blog gapagnw.blogspot.co.uk

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2018, 06:58:31 PM »
very Impressive!!