Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:59:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm best vehicule range  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Earlinger

• Student
28mm best vehicule range
« on: December 19, 2018, 08:12:19 AM »
Hello,

I would like to buy some vehicules for my « chain of commandf or « bolt action » Italian armies.
Alas I don’t know which brand do the most compatible vehicules in size with my « warlord » miniatures.
Could you help me ? Some photos with miniatures and vehicules side to side might be very helpful to compare them.
Thanks.

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
Re: 28mm best vehicule range
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 09:43:58 AM »
IMO, the Perry vehicles ...

even the unreleased ones  ;)

Dans les situations critiques, quand on parle avec un calibre bien en pogne, personne ne conteste plus. Y'a des statistiques là-dessus.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 10:28:37 AM »
Also, Anyscale models do a 1/56 Italian truck at a good price:
https://anyscalemodels.com/shop/fiat-scudato.html

And Mad Bob has a Semovente 105mm, CV33 and a 105mm cannon
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 11:27:30 AM »
I guess you are facing the eternal question to choose between 1/56 or 1/48. Personally I prefer 1/48 which looks more true to scale with ”larger” 28mm miniatures such as Warlord. For Italian vehicles I would choose:

http://www.blitzkriegminiatures.com/html%20pages/1-48%20scale%20tanks/Italian%20tanks%20final.html

For other nations I use Corgi or Solido diecast in 1/50

Offline Earlinger

• Student
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 08:25:52 AM »
Thanks you for your replies.
I agree with the fact that the more realistic scale is 1/48 vehicules and i have some solido models too. But i wonder if 1/56 models manufacturer are not more available and numerous ?

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 09:17:06 AM »
Thanks you for your replies.
I agree with the fact that the more realistic scale is 1/48 vehicules and i have some solido models too. But i wonder if 1/56 models manufacturer are not more available and numerous ?

More ready made models for sure in 1/56 but they do look small  :? Good thing with 1:48 is also that you have the whole Tamiya range available.
I like the diecast ranges better though.  A Solido Tiger is a real piece of hardware  ;)

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 10:49:43 AM »
I think it's important to match what your gaming group uses for scale too.
Or the most common size used by those you'd usually play against.
It'd look odd if all your stuff is 1/48th and everyone else is 56th

Personally I think 56th looks fine once based to boost the height.
When you think about it the bases for infantry boost 28mm models to 30mm

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 11:29:12 AM »
For me JTFM, the best casts I've seen, really detailed models made by some of the best vehicle model makers around.

http://www.diewaffenkammer.com/

Offline tom q vaxy

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 12:34:02 PM »
... important to match what your gaming group uses … odd if all your stuff is 1/48th and everyone else is 56th

...looks fine once based ...

great advice

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2018, 12:59:43 PM »
I think it's important to match what your gaming group uses for scale too.
Or the most common size used by those you'd usually play against.
It'd look odd if all your stuff is 1/48th and everyone else is 56th
Very good advice.

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2018, 03:48:04 PM »
For me JTFM, the best casts I've seen, really detailed models made by some of the best vehicle model makers around.

http://www.diewaffenkammer.com/
Definitely agreed in terms of resins.
Usually comparable in price to warlord too.
Maybe a little higher for some.

Offline Redmist1122

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2018, 05:37:48 PM »
I gotta back Traveller here...I'm a big fan of 1:48 vehicles.  With that being said I do have some 1:56 scale models in my collection, like some T-26 for the Winter War era...they would most likely not see the Stalingrad battle or later...so we're good there.  I'm pretty much the only one in my group with 1:48 vehicles...everyone else sports the 1:56.  Yes, 1:56 is easily available...but are way too expensive for me. I can pretty much buy two 1:48 vehicles for the price of one Warlord resin vehicle.

I really don't care what other people may think, I like the look of my stuff...and it looks great!  Plus I have a HUGE collection built, so pretty much everyone uses my stuff...hehehe. 

I will tell ya, its a bit more challenging to get 1:48 scale vehicles, but not impossible. As a modeler before a gamer, I've become pretty creative in kit-bashing and making some other conversions to get the vehicles I want for my game play.  Plus I also buy conversion kits from the French company called, "Gaso.Line"...great stuff there. I do have a few 1:50 die cast tanks and half tracks, and those blend well with the 1:48.

Further, I just finished up a Perry Roles Royce armored car...it looks great and will work well with my 1:48 Crusader and Matilda and Valentine tanks.

Bottom line, its all up to you and what you want to put on the table, and the time you wanted to vest into building and painting it. I'm not influenced by the group...I'ma against the grain kinda guy.  Good luck! 8)
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2018, 07:32:43 PM »
To me it is also what you get for your money. For around 20-25!pounds you can either get a 1/48-1/50 diecast sturdy painted metal model OR a 1/56 non painted model in brittle resin. Gasoline, mentioned by Redmist, as well as other manufacturers has a lot of conversion options to go with Solido and other diecast brands. Check out this comparison which I think is quite educating:
https://youtu.be/OyT_X8VTdcY

Offline Earlinger

• Student
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2018, 09:50:28 PM »
Thanks for all your advices and answers. Traveller, your video is very useful.