Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:37:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Zappis Small Scale Adventures (Mayhem, Warmaster etc.)  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Zappi

• Student
Zappis Small Scale Adventures (Mayhem, Warmaster etc.)
« on: December 20, 2018, 02:05:57 PM »
Hey Folks!

I'm starting a new thread to occasionally post about my activities involving little toy soldiers. I'm mostly interested in 6mm/10mm army scale games at this moment, specifically Mayhem by Brent Spivey (LINK) and the newly released, community based revision of Warmaster, called Warmaster Revolution ( http://www.wm-revolution.com/ )

I have started a blog about all this a while ago and posted about it here (LINK). Until now, the most relevant entries concern a Mayhem battle report and downloadable unit counters (see link above). At the moment, I'm painting up a 2000 points Warmaster Tomb Kings Army, as well as building a desert table with proper Khemri scenery for my little dead guys to squabble over. The blog can be found here: 6mmMayhem.wordpress.com . Drop by if you like!

I'll occasionally post updates here if it's alright. Updates will come as regularly as work / family / life permits...

A couple of pictures of what I'm doing at the moment:

Just add paint!

First milestone is reached: 7 units of these little buggers.

Cavalry WIP

Various scenery nearing completion...

Things to come.

Cheers!

Zappi

Offline boneio

• Scientist
Re: Zappis Small Scale Adventures (Mayhem, Warmaster etc.)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 03:24:15 PM »
This looks promising! I've always loved the look of this scale but never taken the plunge, largely due to already having a mountain of 28mm to paint up.

Are you using the official warmaster models or other manufacturers?

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 03:33:53 PM »
Very cool - that's productive!

Offline Zappi

• Student
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 04:21:01 PM »
Are you using the official warmaster models or other manufacturers?

I have bought two official GW armies (Tomb Kings and High Elves). Availability is a problem, so once I want to expand the Tomb Kings, I'll place an order with a 3rd party manufacturer (Polar Fox).

I already have a lot of 6mm Lizardmen and humans from Microworld, which also will need painting one day. I'll mount everything on 40x20mm bases, so I can use them for both Mayhem (40mm square bases) and Warmaster. They'll even make excellent skinks and halflings for when I want to use them alongside 10mm troops, so I get multiple uses out of everything! :)

Very cool - that's productive!

Thanks. Well... I'm working on this since October. I'm definitely past the "No money, lots of time" phase in my life. Things have horribly reversed...  :-I

Offline sgtshellback

• Schoolboy
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 04:56:47 PM »
LOVE seeing Warmaster minis, and yours look great! Keep the photos coming!

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 08:43:17 PM »
Cracking stuff. I'm a big fan of 10mm stuff, and your skellie spearmen look really great. Looking forward to seeing more finished units.

The terrain items look very promising too.

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 09:33:46 PM »
Awesome looking skeletons. And your blog post was the first place I saw reference to the Warmaster Revolution site so thanks for that

Offline Zappi

• Student
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 06:28:30 AM »
Thank you!

And your blog post was the first place I saw reference to the Warmaster Revolution site so thanks for that

No problem. One of the reasons I started a blog was to promote game systems I like a lot but don't have enough net presence. Warmaster has had a (cult?) following for many years and seems to be on the upswing at the moment with the Revolution revision. Mayhem on the other hand is in my opinion a criminally underrepresented game!