Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:00:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Red Book of the Elf King trolls  (Read 2689 times)

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
Red Book of the Elf King trolls
« on: December 28, 2018, 04:25:44 PM »
I’ve hardly posted in the last year due to moving over to Facebook groups - which is poor form as this is such an excellent forum - so my apologies.  Also I’ve found that Flickr has become increasingly hard to use with my iPhone. However, thanks to Westphalia Chris’s useful guide, I’ve been able to work out how to post pics straight from my iPhone; so hopefully this will work.

Here’s some of the Lucid Eye trolls intended for Red Book of the Elf King, though I think they may also be useful for Nordic mythology games. I very much enjoyed painting these.

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
Re: Red Book of the Elf King trolls
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 12:54:17 AM »
Nice! Which range are they?

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 05:15:54 AM »
Thank you for sharing. They look great. Any chance you could post some scale shots with these guys and other common fantasy miniatures? I've heard that all the Red Book of the Elf King miniatures are pretty large, but a picture is worth a thousand words, and I haven't been able to find any scale photos.

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 04:57:52 PM »
Nice! Which range are they?
Lucid Eye.

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 05:00:06 PM »
Thank you for sharing. They look great. Any chance you could post some scale shots with these guys and other common fantasy miniatures? I've heard that all the Red Book of the Elf King miniatures are pretty large, but a picture is worth a thousand words, and I haven't been able to find any scale photos.

Thanks - I don’t have my other miniatures with me at the moment, but here’s a size shot with a ruler - they’re a tad over 35mm tall.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 05:48:14 PM »
Very nicely done. I have a number of minis from the range but yet to jump on these....

Offline Randell

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 02:04:03 AM »
Lovely work. They could really work well as part of a Broken Sword project.

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 04:30:00 AM »
Thanks - I don’t have my other miniatures with me at the moment, but here’s a size shot with a ruler - they’re a tad over 35mm tall.

That looks like one of the trolls though... Perhaps the Elves are smaller?
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 12:29:07 PM »
That looks like one of the trolls though... Perhaps the Elves are smaller?

No, they are huge. I have a few and they are lovely, but they are way taller than anything else in my collection.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 02:13:31 PM »
I think they’re a good size. Could be used I’m sure in OGAM. Vaguely interested in this but don’t want to jump into into a broadly similarish game to Vanguard/burrows and badgers. But the Steve saleh miniatures are to do die for and the rules come with a great pedigree. And I’ve heard Steve’s son on podcasts like paint all the minis and there’s a lot of passion behind this.

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 10:16:21 PM »
It was the rules that sold me on it.  Really quick to learn and superficially simple, but plenty of tactics to learn, especially involving the magic system.  I play OGAM as well and the elves and troll minis will certainly get used for that too.

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 05:21:46 AM »
A refreshing break from the monotony of so many look alike figure ranges these days. I'm really impressed.
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games