Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:54:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686617
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Jagdpanzer Beutepanzer SU-75/L70 (r)  (Read 2628 times)

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
Jagdpanzer Beutepanzer SU-75/L70 (r)
« on: December 30, 2018, 10:21:43 AM »
Nope
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 11:40:54 AM by JamesValentine »

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Re: Jagdpanzer Beutepanzer SU-75/L70 (r)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 12:16:29 PM »
Converted fictional Rubicon SU-122.
This unfortunately has not been very popular amongst those I've shown it to so far and has received more negativity than the last Beutepanzer.
So I'll probably not do any more and stick to generic stuff as it's quite depressing after all the work. But being called unimaginative isn't fun really.

It's a nice build with a great paintjob; I suppose the negativity comes from the choice of a tank which is not known to have been used as a Beutepanzer? So what, it's more likely than any sci fi or fantasy setting (and I love both, so I'm not criticising these!), and last I checked wargaming has a lot to do with 'what if' scenarios.
Ignore the critics and paint on. I am painting up a 15mm scale Tortoise for a desert setting (in which it will most likely sink in the sand...), and that's far more far-fetched! Keep them coming - at the very least (and VERY selfishly!) because I'm enjoying these  :D

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 12:49:24 PM »
I'm not sure why it's considered unimaginative, considering the Germans habit of using anything they could get their hands on, I'm still wanting to make a Sherman firefly in German service after seeing photos of one.
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 02:59:45 PM »
I agree with the others - it's a very nice job of converting and painting. If you yourself are happy with it, don't care what others say.* Certainly if someone says unimaginative for what anyone does in this hobby (as every painted miniature is pretty much unique anyway) then they're probably just revealing they don't have any themselves.

* Yeah, you should ignore the compliments as well. :P
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Online dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 03:12:31 PM »
I'll add my support.  A very nicely converted and a believable conversion. The parent SU-122 on the T-34 chasis was used by the Germans as were the SU-85 and SU-100.  So why not?

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 03:48:11 PM »
Nice conversion and paint job.

The reaction you have experienced is unfortunate. I am not sure why anyone would think it was unimaginitive.

My only thought on this (and other similar conversions) is at what point they should migrate to the next sub-forum?

Please keep on with the interesting conversions, I would be interested in your version of a German build T34 (KWK42 L/70, cupola, etc.).

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 07:59:02 PM »
WWII has a sub forum?

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 08:51:20 AM »
WWII has a sub forum?

My only thought on this (and other similar conversions) is at what point they should migrate to the next sub-forum?

I meant the Weird War sub forum
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?board=8.0

WW2 does have a sub forum - Victory Decision, but I have never been there.

Offline Kelgtar

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 09:28:46 AM »
It is amazing and besides .. I do not agree, I know there is no picture proof of this tank being used as a beutepanzer but heck, how can we know? So it isn't proven nor disproven by historical facts so ... But some research tells me that they were infact used in 1945 or something so ... They might stole those, they might didn't but it is an amazing model and paintjob and you should be proud of it

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 03:49:48 PM »
I am being divided... on one side the conversion work in painting is extremely nice. On the other side, with so many real oddball vehicles, I do not really care for fake beutepanzers (as i do not care for paper panzers). Certainly criticizing you for being unimaginative lacks imagination in the least.

It is well painted and well executed (and the pictures show a professional approach... how much I would like for mine to be the same!), is clearly labelled as fictional. It is not a crap paintjob, passed for historical in a crap picture... (as I said about a ISE class CV conversion in a picture censed to represent a 1942 Japanese force... but that was facebook...).

Sorry to hear that you have been subjected to negative comments.

"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 04:17:46 PM »
I'm just thankful to not be on facecrap so I don't post it on the UK bolt action group.
The hate from them borders on psychopathic.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 04:42:37 PM »
I can understand your frustration. If you want to chuck it all in
let me know & I will send you my address (i.e. please give then to ME!!!!)
Keep up the great work & posting the same.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2018, 04:50:55 PM »
I always thought that in art it was all about the execution of what the artist imagines, not to merely copy reality. For me then, it is well painted and looks just like the 'real thing' would if it was. Well done!

I imagine a few people pointed out that eyes should be one either side of the nose to Picasso, or that you can't wear sunglasses with only one ear to Van Gogh, or that cows were prettier seen from the outside to that other fella; they all went their own way in spite of the critics.

Interesting to know that BA players actually do have a historical line that must not be crossed though.  ;)

Offline Redmist1122

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2019, 04:18:41 PM »
Very cool looking!  Where did you get the extra wheels?
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2019, 08:37:33 PM »
Very cool looking!  Where did you get the extra wheels?
The Rubicon T-34/85 has some spare solid wheels from the sprue it shares with their 76.
The 76 from Rubicon would also have spare spoked or solids if you decide to use one set over another.