Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:22:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689786
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Alternative Armies Fomorians for OGAM  (Read 3385 times)

Online dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
Re: Alternative Armies Fomorians for OGAM
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 10:18:52 AM »
Outstanding indeed!  The ones I have were painted a long time ago when they first came out and are a bit scruffy now.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
Re: Alternative Armies Fomorians
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 08:23:14 PM »
Celtic mythology is fascinating.
My first contact was through Slaine comics. One of the two most successful comic magazines back in 80s Greece was "Agori" (boy, lad). Those magazines were basically almanacs collecting mainly french, belgian, british and italian comic strips, since american superhero comics had too expensive licences. That actually worked out better for us kids cause we got a more rounded view of the comic scene. Slaine was one of the most popular stories featured along with Johnny Red and Judge Dredd.

That sounds like an excellent magazine. My intro to Celtic Mythology was defovis Slaine in 2000 AD in the uk.

Offline bong-67

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 02:06:40 PM »
Hi,
How big are the figures, especially the Fomorian King?  I'm thinking of using some of the Fomorian figures as heroes for my GW Middle Earth Strategy Battle Moria Goblin Army.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 03:33:54 PM »
somehow missed these when I have been on the AA website ... and great paint-jobs.

Really like these - must look into picking a few up.

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 09:30:55 PM »
Hi,
How big are the figures, especially the Fomorian King?  I'm thinking of using some of the Fomorian figures as heroes for my GW Middle Earth Strategy Battle Moria Goblin Army.

Sorry, missed this earlier. The range of Fomorians varies greatly in size; the regular warriors are lanky 28-35mm; the big heroes are up to about 60mm. I’ll see if I can post something more specific next time I’ve got them out.

Offline bong-67

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2019, 10:00:16 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for the info James, it looks like the Fomorian heroes migt be too big fo me to use as Moria goblin heroes but I might still get them at some point and do a Celtic myth  project.