Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:21:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689531
  • Total Topics: 118283
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Wargames Factory/ Warlord Skeleton Warriors due to be rereleased  (Read 913 times)

Offline Dobbie71064

• Librarian
    • Dobbies Hobbies
Hello Everyone,

Not sure if this is news or not but I was speaking with someone from Warlord Games and i found out that the old Wargames Factory Skeletons are to be released at the end of January! It will be £18.00 and the box will include 24 models.

I've been looking to start a tomb kings army and these are some of the best skeletons that I've been able to find at a decent price. If anyone has any other suggestions i'd be open to hearing them!

If this is old news, feel free to delete this thread!

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
Re: Wargames Factory/ Warlord Skeleton Warriors due to be rereleased
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 05:18:46 PM »
If you're going for the Tomb Kings look, have you checked out Mantic's Empire of Dust range?
They've got a 20% off army sets offer going on till the 5th, too.

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 05:59:19 PM »
Rumour has it that these are also a pig to build, but i have not tried them myself

Glen
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 06:58:08 PM »
I have put a box together.  They are some very well sculpted skeletons, about the best on the market in terms of detail and scale and so on.  That being said, "a pig to build"  is a pretty apt description.  They are very thin and fragile and parts break as you clip them off the sprue at times.

However they are plastic and can easily be glued back together when they do break.  They will take a bit more work than your average plastic kit and will be more fragile in the end as well, but they do look good when finished. 

I also like that they are fairly generic and don't have a lot of crap on them.  That allows you to make them into whatever you would like.

Another option, if you are looking for Egyptian undead, would be the Eater of the Dead army from Croc Games:

https://www.crocodilegames.com/store/itemList.cfm?catID=31&sort=prodID

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 08:15:14 PM »
I had a box but let it go via EBAY after examining contents.  Looked far too fiddly.   ::)

Offline Severian

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 08:40:16 PM »
I'd agree on both counts - very nice skeletons, and a right pain to build. Also pretty fragile for gaming purposes.

But they do have a great Jason & the Argonauts/Ray Harryhausen look, if that is your thing (and why wouldn't it be?).

I still have the best part of a box I bought five or six years ago, mind you; but it's good to know they'll be available again should I ever run out...

Offline MeridarchGekkota

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 09:06:06 PM »
I'm actually wanting one of these boxes for basing purposes.  :D

Can't wait!

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 09:21:00 AM »
Aye, I'm very interested in a set, or sprue at least, for scenery and bases. Unlike the old GW figures, these are actually scaled such that they'd fit within a human being, and a few broken bones would fit my purposes fine. Certainly not the best gaming figures out there from what I've read, but great as decoration.
~Ad finem temporum~